Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #61
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigran View Post
The sequence of steps is very simple:

1. Press "OK" to open menu and select "Enter horizontal step".

2. Enter some small value (e.g. 1% is the closest to your desired "continuous movement" mode).

3. Now try pressing > and < buttons on the left side (i.e. NOT '9' and '0'). The window
will shift horizontally.
Tigran, thank you very much for the instructions. But I'm afraid my point is slightly different: I am intensively using that function and I have to say it's a very smart ingredient of the reader. However:

1- What you mentioned above doesn't work (or at least I couldn't) when one zooms out of the default size, it has only worked for me when I have zoomed in enough so that some width of the page is not contained in the display's; that's why I brought up the "Center View" subject.

2- By continuous page shifting/scrolling I meant pretty much the same thing that is common on DJVU/PDF readers on computers: you can have the bottom of one page plus the top of the next in the same screen. This, apart from saving you/yourtime/device from pressing one more button per 2/3 pages, gives you the ability to have an eye on the first part of your incomplete sentence from the last page without the need to press two additional keys. This specially becomes important when you are trying to follow a logic of some kind.

3- Another great function the reader could have is to "Fit Visible". Acrobat Reader has this function, but it is more meaningful/desirable to have it here on small devices rather than computer screens. It automatically zooms in so that the side edges of the text are (almost) touching those of the screen's. For this of course the program needs to recognize the redundant white space (something like what croppers do) and adjust the zoom accordingly (auto).
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #62
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
[B]
1- What you mentioned above doesn't work (or at least I couldn't) when one zooms out of the default size, it has only worked for me when I have zoomed in enough so that some width of the page is not contained in the display's; that's why I brought up the "Center View" subject..
And if you have smaller pages, would it work on the default (100%) zoom level?
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #63
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
I don't exactly get your point, I presumed that the default zoom level is 100 or smaller, but the point is as long as all the page is contained in the width of the screen horizontal shifting would not work (to the best of my knowledge).
Old 02-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #64
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
1- What you mentioned above doesn't work (or at least I couldn't) when one zooms out of the default size, it has only worked for me when I have zoomed in enough so that some width of the page is not contained in the display's; that's why I brought up the "Center View" subject.
Quote:
Quote:
I don't exactly get your point, I presumed that the default zoom level is 100 or smaller, but the point is as long as all the page is contained in the width of the screen horizontal shifting would not work (to the best of my knowledge).
Emm... why do you need it? You'll only get to see white strip on the one side and loose some part of the page on the other.

It's probably me who missunderstood. I thought, that you have pages bigger than the screen, but cannot shift horizontally, because the zoom level is 100%. So I figured, that if you have smaller pages, then you can zoom them in and use the horizontal scrolling.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #65
dioib
∂₪≈☼

Quote:
Emm... why do you need it? You'll only get to see white strip on the one side and loose some part of the page on the other.

It's probably me who missunderstood. I thought, that you have pages bigger than the screen, but cannot shift horizontally, because the zoom level is 100%. So I figured, that if you have smaller pages, then you can zoom them in and use the horizontal scrolling.
Perhaps you're right. There are instances that the text is big in it's own physical page and you want it smaller and when you do that it moves to one side and (gradual) shifting is not possible. But one can ignore thiz rare cases. However a "center view" key* could really come handy for even zooming in.

*Perhaps by sacrificing one of those bookmark keys or giving user the freedom to do so.

Last edited by dioib; 02-21-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #66
LCF
Wizard

Quote:
However a "center view" key could really come handy for even zooming in.
No doubt about it!