Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
Excrucibo
Excrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 5.2.0 WiFi + 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Excrucibo: What kind of problems?

I'm having a crappy couple of weeks, so, while I *will* work on this at some point, right now, unless someone manages to bottle me some free time, can't really give an ETA .
Well, when I installed/flashed (not really sure the nomenclature) the usbnet .bin file, it seems to have taken (updates fine, no error 3, etc.), but I see no usbnet folder like I think I should be seeing within the Kindle. I've searched every folder on the PW, but I don't see anything.

It's jailbroken, so I don't think that's the problem, but I don't see the usbnet folder. I can still get it to mount as a RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget by typing ;un into the search field, so something is working.

I'm not super well-versed with SSH, but I've used it before and I'm comfortable in the Android ecosystem. In any case, I can be patient for a more mainstream custom screensaver mod.

Let me know if I can provide any more details, and thanks for the work you do.
Excrucibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #32
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Excrucibo: Err, you might have used yifan's simple_usbnet, which doesn't put stuff in a usbnet folder in the userstore.

Only mine ('usbnet') does. In any case, if the ;un command works, it worked, be it via simple_usbnet or usbnet .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #33
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
should be on the root of the drive when mounted.

I would install it again. (check which one you installed?)

/mnt/us/usbnet when rooted. (pictured)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_304.png
Views:	738
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	95179  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #34
Excrucibo
Excrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 5.2.0 WiFi + 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
should be on the root of the drive when mounted.

I would install it again. (check which one you installed?)

/mnt/us/usbnet when rooted. (pictured)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Excrucibo: Err, you might have used yifan's simple_usbnet, which doesn't put stuff in a usbnet folder in the userstore.

Only mine ('usbnet') does. In any case, if the ;un command works, it worked, be it via simple_usbnet or usbnet .
Thanks for the replies. I'll look at it tonight.
Excrucibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #35
bsoo
bsoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi All, I just jailbroke my Paperwhite and this is the first time I jailbroke anything. When i plug it into the computer I still only see the directories .active_content_sandbox and documents. Could someone post a step-by-step guide on how to gain access to the hidden directories and, ultimately, customize the wallpapers?

I did some searching and I gathered that this likely involves installing some usbnet thing.

Thanks in advance!
bsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #36
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoo View Post
I did some searching and I gathered that this likely involves installing some usbnet thing.
The Jailbreak you just installed allows you to install non-Amazon packages.

Your search was correct -
Now install the USBnetworking thingy.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #37
Elyunn
Elyunn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This page shows all those not so SSH savvy how to customize screensavers:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...te+screensaver

Also if you want to edit them I recommend: Paint.Net
It is fabulous and free!
Elyunn is offline   Reply With Quote