Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
How many ebook readers have you seen

On your daily commute, whether that be to and from the office or to or from the classroom?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Zero (well one if I count my own).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Lost count...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
on any given subway train, out of fifteen people around me:

3 are using their phone (not for making calls, there is no service on the subway)
1 is using an ereader
1 is using an ipad
1 is reading a pbook
1 is using a handheld gaming device
8 are zoning out and doing nothing.

eP

Last edited by elemenoP; 09-20-2012 at 07:53 AM.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Only 1 so far on the commute. It was a Kindle keyboard. I've seen many this summer at the swimmingpool and beach, while holiday-ing, though.

Last edited by Joy736; 09-20-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Two. Except mine.

One with my ENT doc and one in commute.

Oh, tablets? MANY.
Smartphones? Everywhere, no one reads on them.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
Moriarty's
confictura animus
Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've seen plenty of Kindle Keyboards, and the occasional Kindle Touch or Sony PRS-T1.
Moriarty's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Just for fun I am going to keep a count for a month and see what I come up with. Yesterday there were three besides my own: one ipad, a kindle three and a nook. Today on the way in I was alone with an ebook reader, however that is pretty much normal for the morning commute in most people were asleep.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quite a few. Mostly Kindle 4s, I reckon.

I don't use mine. Reading on the train gives me a headache. Some sort of residual motion-sickness, I think. I listen to podcasts instead.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
I see people using ereaders when I fly, which is about once a month.

Out and about in the town I live in (relatively rural; no mass transit) I don't believe I've ever seen another human being with an ereader (or non-human, for that matter). Good thing you guys are here, or I might think was alone in the world.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
None so far on public transport here in Brazil. 2 of my acquaintances got a Kindle e-reader, though.

At the very least, today there were 3 people around me reading pbooks on the bus. A good sign nonetheless...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I often see one other person with a reader on the bus. At least if there are more than ten people on the bus, plus me. When the bus is full in the afternoon I'll see four or five people reading. Maybe two e-readers and three paper books. I fit in the maybe it's paper maybe it's not category. I just can't afford to read non-paper right now a lot of time, plus the fact that I don't think commutes in show and -20C weather is probably good for the e-reader anyway. It'll be time for the e-reader to be a home body soon anyway.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
In at least the last year, none other than mine. I get a few strange looks when I take mine out at the doctors office though. I'm surprised I don't see at least some Kobos around here. They fly off the shelves at Chapters every time a new one is released.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
A few, mostly Nooks and Kindles. As a Sony user I've noticed they are rarer. But I'm starting to see a great many more iPads and a sprinking of other color tablets and a reduction in E-Ink readers 'in the wild.'
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
But I'm starting to see a great many more iPads and a sprinking of other color tablets and a reduction in E-Ink readers 'in the wild.'
people like colors. Colors make text much more palatable.

Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote