Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 AM   #1
dvhooren
dvhooren began at the beginning.

Device: Witstech A81
Witstech A81 Calibration problem

Hi,

I just got my device A81 yesterday and I was a bit excited about what it can.

I also played with the calibration but now the calibration is messed up in such way that my screen
does not respond correctly anymore.
Somewhere in the middle of the screen I can click and that is it.

I managed with a few hundreds tries to set back the factory settings but this does not effect
the calibration of the screen.

When I start the calibration again, than the red circles can not be tapped because the screen
does not react on that part of the screen anymore.

So it looks like you can make the area to touch on the screen smaller, but not bigger anymore so
I am stuck now.

Anyone an idea of how to be able to touch the red bullets again for a normal calibration setup?

Thanks, Danny.....
dvhooren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
I'm assuming your problem is in Android and not in Wince. The older Android had a calibration problem but I'm surprised the firmware shipped with the unit still has that problem.

You might need to reload the firmware. Someone else might have more exact solution, but I reloaded firmware to overcome a couple issues.

Is your unit a A81-E or the older one (without 3 buttons)?
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 04:49 AM   #3
dvhooren

Hi,

I have the new one with 3 buttons and it is Android 2.1 installed. I actually would like to switch to WinCE 6.0 but it should be installed and all kind of procedures.....

A bit of work. Problem for me now is how to get the device to boot or load from the memory card in order to reload the firmware.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Dvhooren,
Here's a link which should help you...
http://www.jiongtang.com/fourm/wince...eng-t1367.html
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
dvhooren

Calibration problem

Hi,

Problem solved. It was in Android and I wait for Android 2.2 which will come out quite soon.

I now have wince 6.0 running and no calibration problems in there.

I do have the new A81 with 3 buttons on the left. These buttons are very usefull in Android (I used Android for 1 day...)
Advert