Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yep, one-time use only. Still not bad.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
If you sort the list by price, there's some free apps. I tested by getting the free app J-Cheer. Even though it doesn't say anything about the promo, and didn't tell me it added the coins on the purchase confirmation page, my coin balance did go up by 250.

I tried buying another free one just to see if it really was a one-time-only thing or once-per-app and my balance didn't go up. 250 coins free is still 250 coins free though!
I should've mentioned that. This promo works by giving 30 coins per $0.99 of the price plus 250 bonus coins for the first purchase of one of the qualifying apps (2,188 apps). Like you said, sorting by price will reveal the free apps (6 of them). Since they're free, they don't earn coins; but will earn 250 bonus coins when one of them is purchased. No matter how many of the 2,000+ apps you purchase, you only get the 250 bonus coins once. After that, you just earn the coins being offered for the individual apps -- 30 coins for a $0.99 app / 60 coins for a $1.99 app / 90 coins for a $2.99 app / 120 coins for a $3.99 app, etc.

Note: promo coins expire in a year, purchased coins never expire.

I'm now at 1,500 coins and waiting for an Audubon sale
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Earn FREE Amazon Coins!

I updated my original post to let everyone know that the CastleVille app 110 free coins offer is still valid. I also added a note that there are more free coin offers in this thread.

I have asked a moderator to retitle this thread "Earn FREE Amazon Coins!" so anyone interested in the ongoing free coins offers can find the information more easily and make this a central "free Amazon Coins" thread.

I must admit that I am in the midst of a coin frenzy at the moment. I feel dizzy with excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thank you SO much for posting this offer!!!

Quote:
If you sort the list by price, there's some free apps. I tested by getting the free app J-Cheer. Even though it doesn't say anything about the promo, and didn't tell me it added the coins on the purchase confirmation page, my coin balance did go up by 250.
I did the same with one of the free apps listed in the offer tubemonkey posted above. It also increased my balance by 250 coins! Yay...now I'm up to 580 coins!

Last edited by DreamWriter; 11-21-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
I should've mentioned that. This promo works by giving 30 coins per $0.99 of the price plus 250 bonus coins for the first purchase of one of the qualifying apps (2,188 apps). Like you said, sorting by price will reveal the free apps (6 of them). Since they're free, they don't earn coins; but will earn 250 bonus coins when one of them is purchased. No matter how many of the 2,000+ apps you purchase, you only get the 250 bonus coins once. After that, you just earn the coins being offered for the individual apps -- 30 coins for a $0.99 app / 60 coins for a $1.99 app / 90 coins for a $2.99 app / 120 coins for a $3.99 app, etc.

I'm now at 1,500 coins and waiting for an Audubon sale
I'm curious, where did you find all that detail? I couldn't find anything on Amazon's site.

I wonder if it'll give you the 30/50/90/120 coins if you buy the app with coins instead of cash? There's a match 3 game I was thinking of getting for my mom, but it's not in the list so I can't test it to see.

I'm up to 1,120 myself. Hoping the Black Friday apps sale has some goodies in it I want.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm curious, where did you find all that detail? I couldn't find anything on Amazon's site.
Monkey magic

I first saw this offer on my Fire HD - "Get Amazon Coins + 250 Bonus Coins with First Purchase of these Apps". So I went to the appstore on my PC to find a link. Once found, I saw the number of apps available. Then I filtered to get the free ones. Got two of them to check on the 250 limit. After that, I clicked on several paid apps to see how much they earned. That's when I saw the pattern on coins earned per price of the app.

Then I wrote it down
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I wonder if it'll give you the 30/50/90/120 coins if you buy the app with coins instead of cash? There's a match 3 game I was thinking of getting for my mom, but it's not in the list so I can't test it to see.

I'm up to 1,120 myself. Hoping the Black Friday apps sale has some goodies in it I want.
I don't see why not; but then, I could be wrong. Will have to wait for someone to try it out.

Same here. I'm hoping for some Audubon apps.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Thank you SO much for posting this offer!!!
YW - consider starting a master coin thread where we can funnel all of these offers to
Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #23
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
YW - consider starting a master coin thread where we can funnel all of these offers to
That's why I asked a moderator to retitle this thread...so we can use it as a "Free Amazon Coins" master thread going forward. I haven't received a reply yet.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
That's why I asked a moderator to retitle this thread...so we can use it as a "Free Amazon Coins" master thread going forward. I haven't received a reply yet.
Cool - you already did
Old 11-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #25
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Cool - you already did
Yes indeed, my simian friend.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #26
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yay, thanks to getting the 250 coins with a free app, I had enough to buy the Grand Theft Auto app for the kids.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #27
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Amazon Coins now in the UK

From The Telegraph today: Amazon launches its own virtual currency

Quote:
22 Nov 2013

Amazon Coins, the company's virtual currency, goes live in the UK today

Amazon is today giving every Kindle Fire owner in the UK £4, as it launches its own virtual currency.

Amazons Coins allow customers to purchase Coins and use them to buy apps, games and other in-app items on the amazon.co.uk Appstore and on Kindle Fire.

To coincide with the launch every UK Kindle Fire customer will receive 400 free coins. There are also discounts of up to 10 per cent if you buy Coins in bulk.

Mike George, Vice President of Apps and Games at Amazon, indicated that the uses for Amazon Coins are likely to grow further, but it is not yet clear whether Amazon Coins will move into including standard purchases on amazon.com.

“Today we are giving Kindle Fire owners £4 worth of Coins to spend on new apps and games, such as Candy Crush Saga and Angry Birds Star Wars”, he said.

“And with discounts of up to 10 per cent when you buy Coins in bulk, this is a great way for customers to save money when they buy apps, games, and in-app items.

“We will continue to add more ways to earn and spend Coins on a wider range of content and activities.”

. . . .

Amazon Coins launched in the U.S. in May, giving Kindle Fire users 500 coins – the equivalent to $5.

App developers will see no change to their earnings as a result of the launch of Amazon Coins, and will continue to get 70 per cent of revenues.

Customers can purchase coins by visiting amazon.co.uk/coins.

The free coins will also be made available to customers who have ordered the new Kindle Fire HDXs when they are shipped.

Jorrit Van der Meulen, vice president of Amazon Kindle, added: “Now, customers in the UK can also purchase a broad range of Appstore content using Amazon Coins.

“We are continuously working to enhance customer benefits and Coins is a great new feature that that we know they will love.”
For more information about Amazon Coins in the UK, see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.h...cId=1000745313.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #28
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Get 250 Amazon Coins on your first Purchase of select Apps

edit: adding details

This promo works by giving 30 coins per $0.99 of the price plus 250 bonus coins for the first purchase of one of the qualifying apps (2,188 apps). Like you said, sorting by price will reveal the free apps (6 of them). Since they're free, they don't earn coins; but will earn 250 bonus coins when one of them is purchased. No matter how many of the 2,000+ apps you purchase, you only get the 250 bonus coins once. After that, you just earn the coins being offered for the individual apps -- 30 coins for a $0.99 app / 60 coins for a $1.99 app / 90 coins for a $2.99 app / 120 coins for a $3.99 app, etc.

Just to let everyone know, this promo is still going and they have reduced the price of OfficeSuite Professional 7 down to $0.99. Also, you can buy it with coins and get the 30 coins bonus, making it effectively 69 coins to purchase! I've been waiting for it to drop this low.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Just to let everyone know, this promo is still going and they have reduced the price of OfficeSuite Professional 7 down to $0.99. Also, you can buy it with coins and get the 30 coins bonus, making it effectively 69 coins to purchase! I've been waiting for it to drop this low.
Yep; still going. It pays to check back often, because Amazon adds new apps to the promo. There are currently 2,344 apps in this promo and eight of them are free. Just filter by "Price: Low to High" to see the free ones.

edit: these free apps don't earn any free coins

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-01-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

And one of those free apps is this great interactive children's book:

Quote:
Wubbzy’s The Night Before Christmas is a festive deluxe storybook adaptation of the classic The Night Before Christmas holiday poem.

The story takes place on a very special Christmas Eve, where Wubbzy and his friends are snuggly-snug in their beds until they are awakened by the pitter-patter, jingle-jangle and merry sounds of Santa Claus and his reindeer. Kids will love this new take on a holiday tradition from the magical world of Wuzzleburg!

Parents will be delighted to explore the Grown Up’s Corner that provides questions to prompt meaningful conversation with their child. This helps the child enhance their listening and comprehension skills.

Wubbzy’s The Night Before Christmas was developed by Cupcake Digital in partnership with the producers of the Emmy® Award-winning Nick Jr. TV series Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!®, a worldwide hit with young fans and parents since its premiere in 2006.
Closed Thread