Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #16
BlacksmithTom
BlacksmithTom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Got one

brought me one, was very surprised, love it, can't wait to shop for some accessories. I found this site through facebook while on my KF.
BlacksmithTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #17
famousboot
famousboot began at the beginning.

I've been lurking a few weeks, studying, and knowing I would likely get a Kindle Fire for Christmas.
famousboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #18
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I got a fire the day they arrived at Staples. Loved it and bought two for #2 son and wife. My brother in law saw it and got one for his girlfriend. A guy I work with played with mine and got two for his daughters. The response I get from first time users is WOW! I found MR shortly after buying my Kindle (not Fire) in October and have been sharing the url with my ereader friends.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #19
belladove
belladove began at the beginning.

Mine was a most welcome gift! Not sure how l found this site but it's going to be a great resource.

I quickly found l needed a stylus, so l made one with a pen, tinfoil, some sponge and a bobby pin. Science is so cool!
belladove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #20
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseShan View Post
I got the Fire for my husband and he's had nothing but connectivity problems....
Several people have reported connectivity problems. Call CS and see if they can help. Most of the people I've seen complain about the connectivity issues get a replacement and the issue is solved. Don't suffer in silence!
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #21
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I got one and gave one.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #22
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
connectivity issues

be sure to get the WiFi Analzer free app so you can see if your signal is strong or weak and if you have noise/cross talk/bleed over from other wifi networks from your neighbors.
a MUST have app for all Fire owners

http://www.amazon.com/farproc-Wifi-A...4953642&sr=8-1

I ended up having to get a new router as my old one (that only did a/b type not g) was not sending a strong enough signal even in the next room over from my router location.

Now I get 3-4 bars on the fire no matter where i am in my house

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseShan View Post
I got the Fire for my husband and he's had nothing but connectivity problems....

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-26-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: type-o and added info
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Welcome to the newbies! You will find alot of info in the this forum for your new Fire. Be sure to read the stickies and look around.

I got my Fire the day it came out and I love mine. It just took its first trip and did very well even in the crappy case I own.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #24
Krad
Krad is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
I think I prefer the kindle 3 when reading. Haven't given up on it though.
Krad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:37 AM   #25
Javaman91
Javaman91 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourGold View Post
I got a Fire for Christmas and I gave my husband one ,too. But I've been hanging around MR for a while
Ditto. Got one for Christmas but have been lurking here since my BB Storm couple years ago.
Javaman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #26
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Welcome to the newbies! You will find alot of info in the this forum for your new Fire. Be sure to read the stickies and look around.

I got my Fire the day it came out and I love mine. It just took its first trip and did very well even in the crappy case I own.
I got the rooCASE Executive Portfolio for my wife and son (I carry the KF in my back pocket). They like it. It's not much bigger than the fire. The fire is in an inner sleeve or cassette that attaches to the portfolio with velcro which allows for easy removal either to use outside the case or to flip to vertical orientation in the case. The back has a 'kick stand' which allows for hands free viewing/reading. Most of the time, they use it in the case. The portfolio offers good protection. A pair of heavy duty zippers close things up. The side opposide the fire has pockets for notes, credit cards, drivers license, etc. If you are not unhappy with your case, this one might be worth a look. I got black for him and red for her. It also comes in pink and magenta.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #27
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I asked for one for xmas and my folks said no, so I bought myself one and I couldn't be happier with it except for the fact that the battery does not last very long.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #28
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I brought a fire to check it out before I got one for my mother for X-mas. I knew I would have to set it up for her and needed to figure out the bugs (glad they did 2 updates to fix some things) before I sent it to her. She got her's 2 days before the holiday and I sent 2.5 hours on the phone (I live in Georgia while she lives in New Jersey) going over all the important stuff (she's 84). I loaded over 700 books for her. Thank the Goddess for Calibre because I had to convert all my EPUB into MOBI to work on the fire.

So far I know 2 other people at work that have the fire and another will get one after the new year.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #29
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A slew of new posts over on Amazon since Xmas. Not all are reviews per se except those who have at it awhile, they're mostly newcomers and it appears initially more pleased than not with the KF but time will tell overall.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #30
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Fire battery life.

Be sure to get a copy of the WifI Turn On/Off switch app. Turn off wifi when not needed.
Get a copy of the Bad Ass Battery Monitor app so you can tell which apps are sucking up most of the battery. Usually its the game apps with all the gorgeous graphics (like Wheres My Water) or the streaming videos (netflix/prime)
Reading a book or listening to music takes very little.

Also when listening to music you can tap the power button and put it to sleep mode but the music will still play in the background so you can save power that way.

There is a thread here on Mobileread that talks specifically about how to maximize your Fire's battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I asked for one for xmas and my folks said no, so I bought myself one and I couldn't be happier with it except for the fact that the battery does not last very long.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote