Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Thra11
Thra11 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Adjustable fonts - does anyone know anything?

Does anyone know what makes a font adjustable in weight and sharpness (via the 'advanced' button next to the popup menu to select the font on the touch. I Think it might say, 'TypeGenius' on the Glo)?

I notice that some of the default fonts are adjustable, but none of my sideloaded fonts are.

What is special about the adjustable fonts? Is it kobo's own in-house font modification, or can it be seen in certain true-type fonts in the wild? Has anyone found a font which is adjustable when sideloaded? Perhaps I just don't happen to have a suitable font sideloaded at the moment.
Thra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I am fairly sure Kobo has said it is only their fonts. There was some discussion here in the last week or two about making similar changes using an application and then loading the fonts.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
As far as I can tell right now, adjustmenst only work for stock fonts. I haven't been able to figure out what makes them adjustable, as opposed to sideloaded fonts. There is a thread which deals with perfecting your own font, which makes the on-board adjustment superfluous.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, typegenius