Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #31
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I swear I hear a lifeguard whistle in there repeatedly also. So either the shums have whistles, or there is a deaf adult responsible for keeping them in the pen by blowing a whistle at them.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #32
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
also, preferably all the neighbors will be old people (they don't usually make much noise).
Actually, I think that career couples who only have one kid are the best neighbours. They tend to be on their own a lot and kids need a quorum of more than one before they start making noise (unless there are malicious, sadistic & uncaring grandparents who want to punish you for things gone wrong during your upbringing by giving noisy toys - like ). Also, with a kid in the house they're less likely to have parties at their appartment.

On the other hand, with elder people there's the constant danger of being hijacked and having to listen to tales about their various illnesses and operations and how things used to be better and how spoiled we are etc etc
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #33
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
My neighborhood is like that also. And the new people like to cut down 70 year old giant magnolia trees and plant those overused Bradford pear trees and commit crepe murder.

Crepe murder??? I don't understand. Is this an insane dislike of pancakes, or what?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #34
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Crepe murder??? I don't understand. Is this an insane dislike of pancakes, or what?
Crepe murder is when you take a beautiful old flowering crepe myrtle (they grow big) and prune it back to the bare trunk, leaving only little patches of flowers. People say they do it because the trunks are so pretty. Which they are, except it ruins the natural shape of the tree. Very common treeicide procedure down here.

Last edited by DixieGal; 06-27-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: BTW, ROTFLMAO at insane pancake dislike!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #35
alia
Bookworm
alia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Crepe murder sounds most cruel.

Do you think the SHUMS could be driven away by some sort of foul smell? Like a stink bomb or a rotting corpse? Or do their unwashed bodies smell so foul that they wouldn't even notice?
alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #36
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks for the explanation, Dixie Gal.
Some people have no sense of the fitness of things.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #37
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #38
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Just for ZP:

Just for ZP:
Attached Images

pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #39
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Just for ZP:
don't give me any ideas.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #40
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i should mention though, i'm working in a client's office this week and next, so despite having to share an office the noise level is significantly lower. aaaaaaah...
Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #41
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i should mention though, i'm working in a client's office this week and next, so despite having to share an office the noise level is significantly lower. aaaaaaah...
Well, I hope you brought your mp3 of The SHUMS. Just put in a loop you so you can listen to it all day and it'll feel like you're home.

Okay, that was just too doggone cruel. I take it back. I wish you a week of peace, Queen Zee.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Well, I hope you brought your mp3 of The SHUMS. Just put in a loop you so you can listen to it all day and it'll feel like you're home.

Okay, that was just too doggone cruel. I take it back. I wish you a week of peace, Queen Zee.
heh... actually, i am listening to ok computer on the same mp3 player i used to record the shums to begin with, so actually i DO have it with me (because i didn't erase it, for some incomprehensible reason). you just TRY and make me listen to it. (seriously, try. i dare you. just watch out. it's amazing how adrenaline can give you super-strength and speed when menaced by a weapon like the prospect of the Shums.)
Old 06-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #43
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
Actually I think that would make a pleasant background music.

For a haunted house
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #44
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMascaro View Post

For a haunted house

So true!
Old 06-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMascaro View Post

For a haunted house
...or a horror film. you know, in the scene where 3000 children are being flayed alive.