Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
inexpensive sleeves for Kindle 3 (keyboard)?

Are there any inexpensive sleeves available for the Kindle 3 (the one with the keyboard) anymore?

I used to have a cheap one that was simple and easy, but I lost it.
It looked a lot like this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forefront-Am.../dp/B004JEGKBG

But when I ordered this one to replace it and it arrived, it turned out this one is actually far too small. The old one had the same model, but the Kindle slipped in easily, without thought. This one is about the same size, or even slightly smaller than the actual Kindle, which means it's a very tight fit and you have to wriggle to even fit it into the sleeve. Which is major pain (for me, at least).

Are there any sleeves available that the Kindle 3 fits more easily into, that don't have a zipper (preferably) and that are available in Europe?
Most of the sleeves on Amazon.com seem meant for the new Kindle models.

(And the Timbuktu company charges 30 dollars shipping to Europe. Sigh.)
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #2
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Oops, wrong group.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Are there any inexpensive sleeves available for the Kindle 3 (the one with the keyboard) anymore?

I used to have a cheap one that was simple and easy, but I lost it.
It looked a lot like this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forefront-Am.../dp/B004JEGKBG

But when I ordered this one to replace it and it arrived, it turned out this one is actually far too small. The old one had the same model, but the Kindle slipped in easily, without thought. This one is about the same size, or even slightly smaller than the actual Kindle, which means it's a very tight fit and you have to wriggle to even fit it into the sleeve. Which is major pain (for me, at least).

Are there any sleeves available that the Kindle 3 fits more easily into, that don't have a zipper (preferably) and that are available in Europe?
Most of the sleeves on Amazon.com seem meant for the new Kindle models.

(And the Timbuktu company charges 30 dollars shipping to Europe. Sigh.)
When I got my Kindle 3 at release time I used a 4" x 8" padded "bubble" envelope to keep it in while I was waiting for cheaper cases to be released, best $.69 case I ever used.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
You could try your hands at making your own.

http://ebookcases.org/50-kindle-cove...make-yourself/
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
The Kindle 3 is very close in size to the Kobo. Are there any stores near you selling Kobo readers that might have accessories?
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
I bought a cheap sleeve on ebay (just like this one http://r.ebay.com/tHK1tS) for my Kindle NT, but it's supposed to be for Kindle 3. For a $2.99 sleeve it works just fine.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #7
Fozzybear
Enthusiast
Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I bought a neoprene zipped case for a 7" netbook for my Kindle 3. A little larger than the Kindle but works really nicely. Paid £3.99 for it from my local Staples.
Fozzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
ratflinger
Enthusiast
ratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: K3, Touch, Paperwhite 3G
I've had 2 sfbags.com sleeves, for my Kindle2 & the Kindle Keyboard. Both have been excellent at providing protection w/o being bulky.
ratflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I found one on ebay for just a bit over$9.00 around the time I got my K3 last year.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
sleeve in 30 min:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	195
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	84357Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).JPG
Views:	181
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	84359Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).JPG
Views:	190
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	84358Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	84360
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Use a fitting washrag
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 AM   #12
JsKindle3
My K3 has my heart
JsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitJsKindle3 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3
make your own is about the cheapest. I did it for $3.
JsKindle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:20 AM   #13
teasonc
teasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard 3G
coroplast.
teasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Got mine from Overstock.com http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...5/product.html.

A lot more dollars than some of the other suggestions but I like it a lot and for the dollars its pretty cheep.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote