Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2014, 03:25 AM   #1
Dave329
Connoisseur
Dave329 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Rest Kindle PW2 to original

Does anybody know how to reset the kindle to original start screen which we get out of the box.It is the image of the kindle and some thing written in various language.
Dave329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:34 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Factory Reset.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 03:48 AM   #3
Dave329
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Factory Reset.
No I mean this screen

Old 12-18-2014, 04:07 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is, to the best of my memory, what you get from a Factory Reset.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:21 AM   #5
Dave329
Connoisseur

Quote:
That is, to the best of my memory, what you get from a Factory Reset.
No after reset we get the screen we have to select the language.
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave329 View Post
No after reset we get the screen we have to select the language.
I don't believe there's any means of getting further back than that. Why do you want to?
Old 12-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #7
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
I don't believe there's any means of getting further back than that.
There actually is:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind..._Bar_Shortcuts

First enter ;debugOn , then ;shpm .
You may also need to put an empty file DONT_CHECK_BATTERY to user store beforehand.

EDIT: That's actually also the only way how to power off Kindle without root access.

Last edited by dsmid; 12-18-2014 at 06:55 AM.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
There actually is:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind..._Bar_Shortcuts

First enter ;debugOn , then ;shpm .
I stand corrected. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #9
Dave329
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
You may also need to put an empty file DONT_CHECK_BATTERY to user store beforehand.
What is user store and how do I do this?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Dave - a word of caution here.

If your reason for doing this is attempting to sell "As New" the old Kindle that Amazon have given you a replacement for, then don't do it. Amazon will have "blacklisted" your old device. Nobody will be able to register it. Amazon don't send out replacement Kindles to allow you to profit by reselling the old ones!
Old 12-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #11
Dave329
Connoisseur

--------------------

Last edited by Dave329; 02-27-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave329 View Post
I actually got 2 replacement for the old kindle because they mistakenly sent a 2gb kindle as replacement for my 4GB kindle(they sent another 4GB replacement to make up)

I will sell the 4GB replacement kindle.Snnce it was never registered to me,anybody can register it.

PS:I again got another 4GB one with yellowish screen.I guess yellowish screen is common.I dont want to go through the hassle to replace it again.
So I will sell it.
I am keeping the 2GB model since it has white screen
I see.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #13
Dave329
Connoisseur

Quote:
I see.
How do I put it in shipping mode?
I charged the kindle to 100% but still it says "Unable to enter shipping mode owing to battery level falling below permissible level"

I guess I have to do the other way using the empty file in user store.
How do I do it?
Old 12-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Sorry, not going to help you. I'm afraid I think your actions are (at best) unethical in the extreme. Amazon do NOT send out free replacement devices so you can make a profit by selling them.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #15
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Sorry, not going to help you. I'm afraid I think your actions are (at best) unethical in the extreme. Amazon do NOT send out free replacement devices so you can make a profit by selling them.
I've got to go with @HarryT on this one... what you're doing just smells wrong.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote