Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Now that was a deal!

I was killing time at the Staples in another town yesterday while waiting for a movie (got to play with the PRS-600 which I hadn't had a chance to see before).

On the clearance table they had one of the lighted covers for the the PRS-505 marked down to $31.50. I snagged it and carried it around the store trying to decide whether to buy it or not (money's kind of tight right now, trying not to make any unnecessary purchases), but finally decided I'd regret not getting it at that price since I'll probably not have another chance at it. Got up to the counter, the saleslady scanned it, and it was only $12.50!

Now I'm *really* glad I decided to get it.

Was reading with it in the movie theater before the movie started - got lots in inquiries about it.

Gotta love a good bargain.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A great price! Congratulations!

Makes one wonder what else was actually cheaper at that clearance table.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 04:55 AM   #3
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Wow, nice shot!
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
wow...I went to my Staples but they said you need to go to one of the larger electronics stores because the regular stores just started carrying the ebook readers.

I did find the PRS-505 covers for 50% off at Borders. They had the cover with the light ($35), pink leather ($20) and black leather covers ($20). Not a great deal but better than what they once charged.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
wow...I went to my Staples but they said you need to go to one of the larger electronics stores because the regular stores just started carrying the ebook readers.

I did find the PRS-505 covers for 50% off at Borders. They had the cover with the light ($35), pink leather ($20) and black leather covers ($20). Not a great deal but better than what they once charged.
Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't mind snagging an extra cover just in case.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Very nice - my light wedge is scratched and I'd love a new cover / light.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
[QUOTE=Boston;618843]wow...I went to my Staples but they said you need to go to one of the larger electronics stores because the regular stores just started carrying the ebook readers.

QUOTE]

Hm. I live in a very small town and two retailers here were carrying the 505 (one still is) for several months. One of those was Staples, now carrying the 300 and 600.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't mind snagging an extra cover just in case.
As an FYI - They weren't near the other Sony displays or book sections. I found them stuck in the clearance bins near the record and gift sections. They were easy to pick out because of the packaging (where most of the other stuff was junky odds and ends).
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
As an FYI - They weren't near the other Sony displays or book sections. I found them stuck in the clearance bins near the record and gift sections. They were easy to pick out because of the packaging (where most of the other stuff was junky odds and ends).
Thanks for the tip! I was going to go on my lunch break today, but I'll have to go tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I've been to a couple Staples in my area but had no luck finding the lighted cover. They only had the leather covers-- I got my Dad one of those. I guess I'll have to wait for Target to reduce their price again; they're currently priced at $32.48. I also saw them at Borders for $32.50.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

I picked up an extra premium 505 cover for $20 at Borders, and they had the lighted cover on sale for $30. It wasn't out on the sales floor though, I had to ask.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #12
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
A friend of mine found a lightwedge for me the same way - in the clearance bin, for $12.50. Since I often remark that my husband is practicing to be a vampire (actually, he has migraines so we keep the lights uncomfortably dim for me) and I disliked the light I was using, he grabbed it for me. I'm delighted with it!
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote