Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #106
eclisse92
eclisse92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Could anyone share me a Kobo Glo sd image, please?
My Glo has brick. thanks
Old 05-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent
Advert
Old 05-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #108
joebananas
joebananas began at the beginning.

Thanks davidfor, very much appreciated. Can I ask which program you used to zip up that image so small? I've tried WinRAR and 7-Zip but can only reduce my images by around 25%. (I'm using a small cap SSD drive so space is tight for me.)
Old 05-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #109
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebananas View Post
Thanks davidfor, very much appreciated. Can I ask which program you used to zip up that image so small? I've tried WinRAR and 7-Zip but can only reduce my images by around 25%. (I'm using a small cap SSD drive so space is tight for me.)
I'm pretty sure I used 7-Zip. The data partition part of the image is empty. That should compress well.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:25 AM   #110
marioz
marioz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950 Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD Kobo h2o KA1
@davidfor tks for image. Problem over. Kobo working.
Advert
Old 05-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #111
rafale
rafale began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Could anyone send me the link to the SD image file download too?

My kobo glo omboard SD is defect.

Many thx!
Old 05-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #112
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #113
zorgone
zorgone began at the beginning.

Hello guys, I have the same probleme than everybody here, a bricked kobo glo, (I think the original card is dead...), so I need a disk image to make a new internal sd.

Thank you very much.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:37 AM   #114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM send.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:19 AM   #115
zorgone
zorgone began at the beginning.

Thank you for your quick answer.
Unfortunately the link look dead...
Old 05-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #116
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

zorgone and I have sorted this out via PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #117
rafale
rafale began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thx David, I saved my Kobo glo with your image!!!!!!

One note though for anyone (like me) not that familiar with the imaging. The image is for a 2GB SD card, if you use a 4GB+ SD you need to enlarge the KOBOeREADER partition if you want to use the extra space.

Also the serial will be 00000000000000 in this image, on other places in the image the original serial of the device used to capture this serial is still there. You can fix this using Hex Edit if you still know your own serial. (on the box, or in version file in .kobo folder of original SD). Device works perfect with 0000000000000 serial though, so only use hexedit if you know what you are doing.

see this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=29
Old 05-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #118
Gravybird
Gravybird began at the beginning.

I'm going to ask the inevitable... my Glo seems to have frozen also. After opening it up, it seems that my internal SD has packed it in.

Any chance that I too could grab a copy of the image?

Cheers.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #120
Cyphox
Connoisseur
Cyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 4 NT
i'd also like to have the link please, i installed a 16gb card into my glo, lost my original image and have no idea how to make a proper resized image of my 16gb card so i can write it to a 2gig card again... cause every imaging-tool i found is imaging the whole card regardless of the partition sizes.

thanks in advance
Closed Thread