Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Cyndall
Cyndall is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505 and 700
Hi from California

I got the Sony ebook reader for Christmas and I love it. I do not however love the sony ebook store. It is constantly getting stuck no matter what category I go to. How am I supposed to buy a book when this happens?
I emailed customer support and was told to delete some files. I did that and it worked for a few days. It's frustrating. I am not going to give up because the few I have been able to buy have been wonderful. So nice to not have to pack books to take with me when I travel.
Cyndall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Cyndall, welcome to the Forum. I just got a 505 as well and love it.

Have you gone on the Fictionwise site? They also sell books in the Sony format?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Cyndall
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
Cyndall

Yes Cassidym I have purchased several from them. So many are in the wrong format and I am trying to figure out how to change formats. I have over 100 books on my Sony
505 so far, not a lot of time to read them, but when I do have time I will have a lot of choices! Thanks!
Hi Ervserver.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Cyndall, purchase in MS Reader format and use ConvertLIT to remove the DRM and then use lit2lrf to convert to LRF for reading on your 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
Cyndall

Thanks JS, thats a lot of steps to take to covert. I think I will eventually figure it out because I am addicted!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndall View Post
Thanks JS, thats a lot of steps to take to covert. I think I will eventually figure it out because I am addicted!
It's not really all that bad.

1. Purchase the eBook
2. Copy the eBook to another directory
3. Remove the DRM
4. Convert to LRF
5. Install on 500 or 505.
6. Enjoy reading

That is of course, once the software is properly installed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote