Device: Kobo Vox
Help with Mantano reader app

Can someone explain to me how to import books to your Mantano reader
app?
Alans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Can you tell me first, do you use Calibre, or are you intending to copy the books from your PC to the internal or external Sd card on the Vox?

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Are the books already on the device???

‘Syncronize’ will search your device for compatible ebook formats (ePub & PDF). You’re presented with a list and you can select all or put a checkmark next to each book you want to add to your library screen.

‘Explorer’ offers you a file browser as another way to import books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

The books I have I bought through the Kobo store, so I just press synchronize and that
will import them to my Mantano app?When I've tried this before all I got was the
Mantano manual, which didn't help much.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
It appears that Kobo doesn't store its epub files in a standard way, and hence Mantano doesn't find them. (Instead of storing them as an epub, which is mostly a renamed .zip file, it stores them as a directory with all of the files normally in the .epub in the directory.)

However, it is possible to download the epubs from Kobo using a browser, rather than using the Kobo app.

First you have to active Adobe DRM on your Vox in Mantano.

Then in a browser, go to kobobooks.com, log in, go to your library, download the epub you want (it actually downloads a URLLink.acsm file), then allow Mantano to open it.

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

Keith, thank-you very much for your help! I followed your advice and it works for me
fine now. Much appreciated!!