Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
stbiggles
Chris
stbiggles began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wireless
Kindle plugin

Anybody know if there is a new or updated plugin to allow calibre to convert Kindle to MOBI? My old plugin no longer works since the last update to Kindle PC.
stbiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Although we are not allowed to discuss that on here, you cannot use any of the k4pc versions from 1.5.0 on, you have to revert back to an earlier version and you need to turn off auto-updates to prevent this from happening. For more info, do a google search for Alf's Blog.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
stbiggles
Chris

Thanks, I'd already gone back to previous version of K4PC, now looking for longer term solution. I'm sue it won't be too long before earlier versions of K4PC are no longer supported ;0)
Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Actually - new version just out that does work with K4PC 1.5
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

look at this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139127
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Thanks, I'd already gone back to previous version of K4PC, now looking for longer term solution. I'm sue it won't be too long before earlier versions of K4PC are no longer supported
For what it's worth, I was still using the 1.0 beta release of K4PC on Linux (up until very recently) and I didn't have a bit of trouble purchasing or downloading books from Amazon (as well as doing "other things" to them). I don't know about "Support," but I suspect functionality will continue for a long, long time.

The point is rather moot now, obviously, but v1.4.1 will in all likelihood, continue to function flawlessly for a very long time.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
stbiggles
Chris

Yep new version of tools out which works great, thanks.