Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #61
darkforce
Enthusiast
darkforce began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Thank you for books, Neil.
Here are comments for BeWrite web:
- It should be better if "Novels in Series" are grouped rather than show all in one page.
- Anything like year of publish, or volume of series will help reader.
darkforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #62
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***I sent a request from my home email and haven't heard anything. Sent it on Friday. Thanks! The House in the Riddle by Liza Granville. The Devil Can Wait by Marta Stephens***

More than happy to send these, Sher, but I didn't get your email. Maybe it got lost by my over-entuhsiastic spam filter, but -- although I always check the spam file before deleting -- for some reason, I get around 50 spams an hour on Fridays, and I might have overlooked it. Would you mind emailing again? I'll keep my eyes peeled. ntmarrATbewrite.net (but use the @ sign).

***It should be better if "Novels in Series" are grouped rather than show all in one page - Anything like year of publish, or volume of series will help reader***

I agree with you entirely, DarkForce. The fact that we can't do this immediately is down to expensive new site and merchant software we've recently bought and installed that for some reason won't allow us to do it. We're in the throes of installing a new module that will let us to group books as you so sensibly suggest.

Meantime, though, we have one fix already on site. If you hit the 'our authors' button in the bookshop and scroll down, you'll find all books by a single author linked against his name, bio, extracts, etc. So, for instance, if you scroll to Peter Tomlinson, all his/her 'Petronicus' series is listed in order in a single entry box, likewise all Brian Kavanagh's 'Belinday Lawrence Mysteries', Hugh McCracken's YAs, Liza Granville's fantasies, etc, etc. And they're listed in order of publication.

Hopefully, we'll soon have the same grouping system showing in 'genres', 'product list', etc, etc. Thanks for your interest and for pointing it out, though. We always welcome such good, practical suggestions.

Very best wishes, folks. Neil
Attached Images

Last edited by neilmarr; 09-21-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: trypos
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert