Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
colonel
Enthusiast
colonel began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Getting rid of battery status line

Anyone found a way of getting rid of the line on the bottom (with page number and battery) ?

Sorry if its obvious. have done laods of searching and can't find it ....
colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Any particular reason you want to get rid of that?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
colonel
Enthusiast

a) I want an extra line of text (I read fast and everything helps)
b) it seems to leave an imprint at the bottom. not sure if this becomes permanent over time

rgds
Old 04-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
b) it seems to leave an imprint at the bottom. not sure if this becomes permanent over time
I can't offer you a solution how to get rid of the line at the bottom but i can tell you that the imprint doesn't seem to become permanent.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
There's no way I know of to get rid of it but you can reflash & add a clock there, if that would soften the disappointment! :-)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #6
colonel
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
There's no way I know of to get rid of it but you can reflash & add a clock there, if that would soften the disappointment! :-)
you are all heart ....
Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I don't have a 505 , so I don't have a clue but something crossed my mind. Even if you could get rid of the info at the bottom of the screen, are you sure it would add an extra line of text to replace it? The screen may divided into regions and the bottom may not automatically blend with the region that displays the book text.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
No idea. Another way to get round that: You should win some extra lines and width by slightly reducing font size.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote