Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #16
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
RKWinTools

The application RKWinTools allows you firmware file to disassemble. And reassemble firmware file for flashing the to device.

Then RKBatchTool v1.6-v1.8 will load the firmware file into the device.

p.s. An example of creating your full flash will describe later, I need to think of how to describe the process.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RKwinTools_v135.zip (8.52 MB, 801 views)

Last edited by FOV; 07-14-2015 at 12:03 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #17
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I just ordered the T62+ from an Aliexpress seller. I am aware that this version does not come with Google play. I have a couple of questions for people with this device.
1.Which firmware is recommended for this device to get Google play ?
2. I have been using nook touch for the last few years and coolreader runs very well on it. I bought this as I now want the ability to sync read positions between my phone and reader. Coolreader my favorite app does not support it so what's the best epub app with sync for an eink device.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2015, 07:15 AM   #18
kozak776
kozak776 began at the beginning.

Device: pb360
I used FW Energy e Reader PRO + version .v1.0.0 on mine T62+ then I updated to firmware 2.0.0B .It is much better organized and smooth for me than original firmware my t62+ came with.I also got mine from alliexpress took 9 days to get into usa from china.
kozak776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #19
kozak776
kozak776 began at the beginning.

Device: pb360
Any can advise me on which apk file manager i can use to rewrite build.prop . I tried es file explorer and it did not saved the file after modification also I tried total commander no luck either.
kozak776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #20
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
I have started a page called:

Energy Sistem Pro+ Tips and Troubleshooting
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ener...roubleshooting

Basicly to collect digestable and upt to date info, as I get ost in the fora from time to time.

Koen
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2015, 03:21 AM   #21
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
OTG support on Energy System Ereader Pro

Since this question came out sometimes I checked it on my device.
Energy System Ereader Pro (firmware v.5) has OTG support.
C67ML (firmware v.1.7.3) has OTG support too.
To use it you will need either a powered USB-OTG adaptor or a powered hub. 16GB USB drive was mounted without problems with a powered usb-hub, USB-keyboard is working too. But I couldn't get neither my USB-soundcard nor my USB-bluetooth dongle working.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 09-23-2015 at 08:09 AM. Reason: added C67ML
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #22
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Through active OTG cable (power is taken from external power supply) - via external USB connector works with mouse, keyboard and flash drive.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:05 AM   #23
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do I remove the bottom bar. I feel space is wasted when reading.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:16 AM   #24
Dopedangel
Wizard

Another question is it possible to set the current book cover as the standby screen. I previously had a nook touch and it was extremely easy to set the current book cover as the standby screen while using Coolreader
Old 09-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #25
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
Dopeangel,
What reader app are we talking about?

Last edited by Kunvp; 09-19-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:11 AM   #26
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunvp View Post
Dopeangel,
What reader app are we talking about?
I was able to get fullscreen by rooting and getting the fullscreen app.
I was talking about Coolreader app. On the nook touch it auto created the cover image of the last opened book as the screensaver. I guess that was by design in nook touch. As nook touch allowed you to set your own images as screensavers.
I tried making the screensavers folder in my T62+ with energypro+ firmware but Coolreader app didn't create the current book cover.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:45 AM   #27
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
The easiest way to change the standby image is by using these firmwares' default image viewer app which is called "Images" on the apps list.

Open the factory app "Images", go to the directory in which you placed the image you wanna set as the standby image, open the file, tap on the opened image for the top menu to appear, then tap on the button with the tablet icon:

P.S. - In case you decided to do this by other methods (such as the screenshots directory or by replacing the .zip files in the root directories of the software that contain standby/poweroff pics) and had not succeeded, maybe doing this would help:

Go to Settings > User settings, tap on "Standby picture (Restore default Settings)" and select Yes when the device asks if you're sure of this. I guess by doing this, the OS reads the default files/directories that are supposed to contain standby pic(s) again and replaces them with the one(s) currently in its cache or RAM or whatever!

Last edited by hob; 09-20-2015 at 01:50 AM.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:00 AM   #28
Dopedangel
Wizard

I know how to do change screensaver I was looking for someway for it to be changed automatically to the cover of the book I am reading.
The best option I can think of is calibre companion changing the Standby.png file to the cover of the latest book opened with it. I have asked chaley about putting such a setting into calibre companion I hope he agrees.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #29
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I know how to do change screensaver I was looking for someway for it to be changed automatically to the cover of the book I am reading.
The best option I can think of is calibre companion changing the Standby.png file to the cover of the latest book opened with it. I have asked chaley about putting such a setting into calibre companion I hope he agrees.
Looks like Chaley has added the option in the calibre companion beta will try it once i get the beta version.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #30
Heawe
Heawe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Boox Pocketbook Inkpad3
Is there any chance to get scrolling/turn page working in Tapatalk with up/down button?
Heawe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, boyue, boyue t61, boyue t62, icarus illumina