Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #286
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canabuc View Post
Only thing not stock is I am using Calibre to manage my library...
could that have modified a file preventing it from working?
I only use Calibre to manage my library as well.

I'm afraid I don't know why it's not working for you.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #287
Canabuc
Canabuc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Any downside to doing a factory reset in case it is something corrupt not recognizing the flash command?
Canabuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #288
Canabuc

Did factory reset then tried again.
Worked!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #289
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
As expected!
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #290
Canabuc

so now that I am rooted I have some questions:

1) has anyone established what apps/files can be removed from system (e.g. bluetooth and phone drivers etc.) that won't bork the device but can free up memory for more app installs?

2)When I looked in the data app section, I noticed there were 2 coolreader apk. Can i delete one?

3) any reason to have both coolreader and FB reader

4)What does color dict do?

Since I already have an android phone and tablet I want this mostly as an ereader. I like the idea of having kindle app on it so that my position in the book syncs between devices and I don't have to run to calibre and laptop to buy a book from amazon to convert it to epub to work here. As others have mentioned. Kindle app takes up a bit of memory so which one gives best performance/memory for us?

Can one install a calendar app from amazon store and have it sync to google without the syncadapter software installed?
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #291
rubentje1991
Enthusiast
rubentje1991 began at the beginning.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canabuc View Post
so now that I am rooted I have some questions:

Can one install a calendar app from amazon store and have it sync to google without the syncadapter software installed?
What's wrong with the syncadapter combination with Google Calendar?
=> working OK here
rubentje1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #292
bsquiggle
bsquiggle began at the beginning.

Device: dell axim (MS Reader)
can anyone explain to me whether the "Full Wifi" app (https://market.android.com/details?i...FullWifi&hl=en) might (or, alternatively, definitely wouldn't) (a) run and (b) work to allow the prs-t1 to access EAP networks? I don't truly understand enough about networks to be able to tell if this is essentially hardware or essentially software (as I suspect) but need to use eduroam which is EAP / TTLS / PAP, and unfortunately it's a core requirement for this to replace my pocket pc
bsquiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #293
ngeorgiev
ngeorgiev began at the beginning.

Question Android 4.0 on Sony PRS-T1?

Hi everyone,

is it possible to install Android 4.0 on the Sony PRS-T1?

Thanks,
Nikolay
ngeorgiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #294
anabaino
anabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Rooting only working on W$

Hi again.

Finally I could *only* root the T1 if using a "native" W$ (in my case a W$ 7 64bit). The stuff in the "minimal-root" folder only has worked for me in this case and only in this.

That is, nothing happened from a W$ XP 32bit guest inside a VirtualBox running on a Linux KUbuntu Oneiric host.

And of course nothing has happened using the procedure of copying, from this Oneiric box, the contents of the sdcard folder to the /READER partition along with the PRS-T1 updater.package file and then pressing the HOME and the MENU buttons when booting (neither formatting the READER partition nor performing a hard reset did make any difference).

For now, then, the real fact is that I cannot say I've been able to root the T1 from my Linux box. That's why I suggested we could state from which operating system have we done the rooting procedure. Can it be done from a Linux box? Has anybody succeeded in it?

Thanks.
anabaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #295
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabaino View Post
For now, then, the real fact is that I cannot say I've been able to root the T1 from my Linux box. That's why I suggested we could state from which operating system have we done the rooting procedure. Can it be done from a Linux box? Has anybody succeeded in it?

Thanks.
Did you try the method described for Linux/Mac on the Wiki?
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #296
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

I rooted the T1 from linux many times... the problem is that sometimes I can't update the device anymore (from every OS). (root, restoration package or modified sony homepage.. it doesn't matter).. Doing a factory reset and reroot seemed to work for me...
(maybe it's link2sd fault?)
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #297
anabaino
anabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Successful rooting in Linux KUbuntu Oneiric

Ok, at last I could finally root my T1 from the Linux Oneiric box.

After reading Abtacha's suggestion I gave a new look to the wiki instructions and alas!, I found *new* directions that this time made the rooting procedure work as expected.

Thank you all for being so helpful, including the silent corrector of the wiki... With the new information yes, it was possible.
anabaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #298
bsquiggle
bsquiggle began at the beginning.

Device: dell axim (MS Reader)
removing unwanted apps

Okay, so I"ve rooted and installed Link2sd all good. but haven't been able to remove things like 'bluetooth share' and I'm sure there's a heap more thigns I can do without / don't work anyway. Tried, for example, to remove the bluetooth share application but it's greyed out in applications. How do I go about removing unwanted system tools? - is it as simple as deleting relevant files, or will that break things? I used the minimal root package to root initially.

edit: have removed bluetooth folders using root explorer. all seems to be fine. still trying to find wallpaper folders

Last edited by bsquiggle; 01-29-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: update
bsquiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #299
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuyn2003 View Post
An example that will work, root required

1.Rename any of your favorite fonts set(a fonts set contains four fonts, normally regular,bold,italic,bolditalic) to "VerdanaW1G.otf, VerdanaW1G-Bold.otf, VerdanaW1G-BoldItalic.otf, VerdanaW1G-Italic.otf" (your fonts can be either "ttf" or "otf", but you must rename them as the name listed above, including the file name suffix. VerdanaW1G isn't the only choice, you can use other fonts set, but you should know the fonts name exactly)

2.Copy all the fonts in /ebook/fonts/ to /sdcard/fonts/, then copy your renamed fonts in step1 to /sdcard/fonts/, so the orginal VerdanaW1G fonts will be replaced.

3. in terminal, type: mount -o bind /sdcard/fonts/ /ebook/fonts/

4. then in sony reader, select the font type "Vendana"

Note: After you binded /sdcard/fonts/ to /ebook/fonts/, if connect to the PC via usb&data transfer mode, this mothod will not work untill you disconnect the usb.
And, if you reboot your T1, the bind will also disappear, so I recommend to use GScript.apk to run this command easily once after the T1 was boot up.
Have anybody tested this method?

Does it mean one has to run GScript.apk after every boot?

My goal is to substitute font that's responsible for Book titles, author names, Bookmarks etc., with one I want, so that everything is display correctly in Unicode. BTW browser also fails to display pages that are in Unicode.

Any thoughts?
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #300
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
I want to change the system fonts that T1 uses to display book titles (in books section), settings, ToC,... (not only inside the book). The epub with edited css and fully embedded fonts can display well unicode UTF8 (used for Vietnamese characters), but the ToC still uses Sony default fonts so that it doesn't display correctly unicode utf8.
Edit: I've read somewhere that the nook touch system fonts can be replaced completely by user's fonts. So, I think that this can be done also with the T1 because it uses android.
Did you make any progress? I need to do the same you do.
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony