Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
One more free book from Baen!

This is to let you guys know, that a book by Eric Flint and Ryk Spoor titled "Boundary", a prequel to "Threshold" (available with June 2010 webscription from your favourite publisher, ahm... Baen), is available for free now!

"Paradigms Shift, Worlds Collide!
A daring and resourceful paleontologist uncovers something at the infamous K-T boundary marking the end of dinosaurs in the fossil record – something big, dangerous, and absolutely, categorically impossible. It’s a find that will catapult her to the Martian moon Phobos, then down to the crater-pocked desert of the Red Planet itself. For this mild-mannered fossil hunter may just have become Earth’s first practicing xenobiologist!"

To claim it, please go to the web page stated below and copy the coupon code generated for you, then complete the checkout using the code for the box located at the bottom of the page - the free ebook will be added to your account.

Formats available (as usually from Baen):
HTML/Online
Ebookwise/Rocket Format
Mobi/Palm/Kindle Format
EPUB/Nook/Stanza Format
Microsoft Reader Format
Sony Digital Reader Format
RTF Format

http://www.webscription.net/p-88-boundary.aspx

Enjoy!

Last edited by AdamV; 09-29-2010 at 02:03 PM.
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Awesome! Thanks. But the link you gave is broken...
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Try this

http://www.webscription.net/p-88-boundary.aspx
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Found it here: http://www.webscription.net/p-46-boundary.aspx

but not free. Don't see it in free library.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
If you enter the coupon code it becomes free. In your cart the book will still be $6 but the total will be $0.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamV View Post
Thanks! I got the book free! the link works by the way, it generates a promo code for you.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Only works for me if I add "Threshold" to my cart along with "Boundary" and then add the coupon and update cart to get $6.00 reduction.

Not sure if the coupon is unique.

*edit* I tried to duplicate the discount using the same coupon code and it didn't work.
*update* It worked for me this time -- started at discount code above, added "Boundary" to cart, used coupon code, updated cart and compled purchase.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 09-29-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder whether this "deal" should be posted here. It was a free book in conjunction with a purchase that the OP linked to. Not a free book for all.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Well it was certainly a free book for me. I'd purchased Threshold along with the rest of the June 2010 Webscription at the end of May and when I went to the link Webscriptions recognized this, gave me a code, and discounted the book when I made my October Webscription purchase and included Boundry.

Very cool!

AdamV

and

Webscriptions/Baen Books!

Edit; Turns out Threshold is still in my TBR pile so now Boundry will go on top of it. Extra very cool!

BTW given the, sometimes, questionable "Deals" posted here I'd think this is as valid as most.

Last edited by NormHart; 09-29-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Arrgh, Brownies!!!
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM   #10
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I just got it as well but I've not downloaded it yet. I sent a message off to Baen to make sure it is something they intended and not just an error or what should have been a one time thing.

If/when I get a reply I'll let everyone know.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer

I actually already had Boundary (it was in the Webscriptions bundle I got last year), so I wasn't compelled to get it on this particular deal. But it does look like it's supposed to be only for those who bought the first book.

As for other questionable deals here ... other than breaking geographic restrictions, I really don't see many (and those other get removed when found by the moderators). Oh, and the mass organization to pass along free Webscriptions, which Baen at least looks over, if not condones.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Okay, a little googling mooted the whole problem with the coupons-- Boundary is available for free on Baen CD #13, available for download here:

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/13-TheBalticWarCD/
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #13
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

this is a information from Baen - the code is free and the book (i just found out it few mins ago) is also available for free via http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com on The Baltic War CD http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/1...heBalticWarCD/

Sorry for the fuss... :/
Old 09-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #14
AdamV
*Censored*

thanks ardeegee my bad
Old 09-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Oh, and the mass organization to pass along free Webscriptions, which Baen at least looks over, if not condones.
I have explicitly asked Arnold Bailey (who runs webscription.net), and chains of free webscriptions are fine by him. It brings new customers to the store.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote