Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Sigwolf
Sigwolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre viewer no longer displays covers

As of version 0.6.47 (and still present in 0.6.48) the built in viewer no longer displays the cover in any Mobi or LIT files in my library. I have 2 books in ePub format that do display the cover in the viewer.

Loading a Mobi or LIT book just displays a blank screen at position 1, advancing past that seems to display the text of the book just fine. The covers appear just fine when editing metadata, they appear at the bottom of the screen when selecting a book, and they all appear in the cover browser. If you actually load the book in the viewer... no cover.

Sigwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigwolf View Post
As of version 0.6.47 (and still present in 0.6.48) the built in viewer no longer displays the cover in any Mobi or LIT files in my library. I have 2 books in ePub format that do display the cover in the viewer.

Loading a Mobi or LIT book just displays a blank screen at position 1, advancing past that seems to display the text of the book just fine. The covers appear just fine when editing metadata, they appear at the bottom of the screen when selecting a book, and they all appear in the cover browser. If you actually load the book in the viewer... no cover.

I noticed the same thing.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm can someone please open a ticket and attach a LIT/MOBI file showing the problem.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
Sigwolf
Sigwolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm can someone please open a ticket and attach a LIT/MOBI file showing the problem.
See ticket #5342
Sigwolf is offline   Reply With Quote