Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #16
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I was just thinking the same thing last night. I am loving the new season so far, and I am consistently reminded of how great an actor Bryon Cranston is.
Agreed. His consecutive wins for Best Actor are no hype. Aaron Paul who plays Jesse is also getting better and better each season. Nice to see him win Best Supporting Actor for last season too. Maybe now Bryan Cranston can stop teasing him behind the scenes, LOL.
What did you think of last night's ep?

Last edited by Joonbug1; 07-25-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #17
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yup, my first ignore, and I wasn't even involved.

Karma!
I think we will both be healthier for it. however, now he is harassing my pm box
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #18
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Um, I wrote a friendly message saying hope you feel better.
You started by harassing my thread and now you're STILL actively derailing it.

Hence, you're further proving my "Drama Queen" assessment of you correct. If it REALLY matters that much to you to have the final say and think you accomplished something in your life, go ahead and have the final word, your highness.

But again, this thread is to discuss the show "Breaking Bad."
Sheesh.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #19
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moderator Notice
Please return to the topic of the original post.

Marc
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #20
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonbug1 View Post
Agreed. His consecutive wins for Best Actor are no hype. Aaron Paul who plays Jesse is also getting better and better each season. Nice to see him win Best Supporting Actor for last season too. Maybe now Bryan Cranston can stop teasing him behind the scenes, LOL.
What did you think of last night's ep?
I love this show too I haven't watched last nights as yet but think Aaron Paul is amazing I found myself focusing on him during that first ep even though Walt was doing all the talking. I particularly enjoyed the Dinner scene especially Jesse comment about you will wish you were dead it was almost as if he had already accepted his fate (I really hope that doesn't happen)
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #21
Joonbug1
Groupie

LOL, the diner scene was great. Nice nod to Pulp Fiction with their Kenny Rogers shirts. I like how Walt stuck up for Jesse during the earlier scene in the lab even though a lot of the mess they were in is Jesse's fault. They focused on Jesse's intense face staring down Gus after he did what he did to his underling. Jesse's reaction was complete opposite of Walt's... I think that's foreshadowing Jesse will turn more and more toward the dark(er) side this season. Did you also get an impression that Mike will turn against Gus at some point since he saw what Gus does to his people? Mike's no fool, after all...
It's great to find other fans of this great show.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #22
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
After seeing how easily the other help was dispatched Mike would be a fool not to hedge his bets a little I can definetly see him cosying up to Walt just in case.

I'm hoping the Mexicans cause Gus some issues soon. All this talk makes me want to go home and watch the second ep *sigh* I just ran out of time last night.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #23
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
I love this show, but have not seen any of this new season yet. Will try to watch at least one tonight.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #24
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
OK, watched one and had to watch them both. Jesse breaks my heart every episode.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #25
Joonbug1
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
OK, watched one and had to watch them both. Jesse breaks my heart every episode.
Absolutely agree. Fantastic character and a fantastic actor. He's my favorite character on the show.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #26
Rainmaker
Zealot
Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G
For those who couldn't get the sinopsis:

This series is about a troubled husband, Chemistry high school teacher, who turns into making crystal meth to save his life (his marriage, his family, etc).

The name of the series is introduced y his partner in crime (an ex student of his who dropped out of school) who says "so, now you are breaking bad" (or something like that, not an exact quote).

Pretty good series, I just started watching it, by my brother's recommendation.

@Joonbug1: my personal recommendation would be to nicer to people here. They are little green comely fellows once you get to know them. But don't piss them off... they 've got this kind of "Gremlim" side effect.

Last edited by Rainmaker; 07-26-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #27
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
From wikipedia:

Set and produced in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a struggling high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with advanced lung cancer at the beginning of the series. He turns to a life of crime, producing and selling methamphetamine with a former student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), with the aim of securing his family's financial future before he dies.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #28
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonbug1 View Post
Um, whoa there prima donna, you're assuming I went and found a link to post back here just for you? And not for the fans of the show? In a thread titled "Breaking Bad FANS"...?? Especially as a recap of the the first 3 seasons, as the brand-new season 4 is just starting?
Big ego there.
Also, I'm wondering what happened to you to automatically be interpreting everything as "snark" when you said to give a "blurb," and people who want "blurbs" will always find them on the back of DVDs. Blu-rays too. It's a fact.
LOL
Lighten up, and calm down, or run along before you blow a blood vessel thinking you're being "persecuted" or whatever.
Just saying... Dunno what your deal is.
Joonbug1, I read your topic and do not believe that KindleKitten was in anyway behaving outside the usual Lounge comments.
I feel your personal attack was outside the bounds of decent manners.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #29
Joonbug1
Groupie

Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joobies View Post
Joonbug1, I read your topic and do not believe that KindleKitten was in anyway behaving outside the usual Lounge comments.
I feel your personal attack was outside the bounds of decent manners.

I don't know why you completely ignored the Moderator's warning-

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Please return to the topic of the original post.

Marc
-and drug this issue back up again (unless to cause more trouble after the Mod's warning), but I think you completely ignored the fact my FIRST reply to her did not include anything "snarky" which she accused me of being. She even put a little emoticon and everything. Go reread what my first reply to her actually was, joobies. The reply of mine which you posted in your post was AFTER she made that accusation. Plus, I've been ignoring them up until you brought it up again. If you started a thread about a book or something and someone's first post is to say "never heard of it," and you posted an external link and they next posted "too long, I'm not reading it" so you tell them to read the plot summary on the back of the book, and they then say they don't need "your snarky little comments" and act like they're the sole reason for the thread... you'd probably ask them what's their problem and let them know they're not the sole purpose you created the thread in no uncertain terms.

If you want to think I'm an asshole or something for telling her she's taking stuff too personally and had no reason to firstly accuse me of being snarky, then go ahead. But can we consider this case closed and get back to only talking about the SHOW, as the MODERATOR told us to do?

Last edited by Joonbug1; 07-28-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #30
Joonbug1
Groupie

Back on Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
After seeing how easily the other help was dispatched Mike would be a fool not to hedge his bets a little I can definetly see him cosying up to Walt just in case.

I'm hoping the Mexicans cause Gus some issues soon. All this talk makes me want to go home and watch the second ep *sigh* I just ran out of time last night.
I think Mike's beat-down on Walt last ep after being approached was to make sure any tails Gus might be keeping on Mike would not think he was plotting with Walt to take Gus down. I doubt Mike would tell Gus what Walt's intentions are. (BTW: Can anyone tell me whose voice it was that told Walt over the phone outside Gus's house to just go home -- was it Mike? I didn't get a good listen at that part.) I think that Gus must be holding something bad over Mike to keep him in check. But something's definitely going to happen, as Mike was visibly shaken and I think even scared himself when Gus killed Victor so brutally and suddenly. If there was a Mike-Walt-Jesse coalition to take down Gus, something tells me Mike wouldn't be so quick to let "Heisenberg" be the new boss of his -- maybe Mike would want to the new Number One...?
Closed Thread