Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
durkinrobinson
Lovechild
durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
What are your favorite Top Ten books read in 2010?

They don't have to be published this year. If you read them for the first time in 2010, they count. So here's my list:

10. I Am the New Black by Tracy Morgan
9. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
8. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
7. Percy Jackson books for keeping my kids quiet for hours at a time
6. I Drink for a Reason by David Cross
5. Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert
4. Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid books for keeping my kids quiet for hours at a time
2. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Let's hear yours!
durkinrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
This year I got an ereader and stuck to rereading a lot of the classics. Not too odd considering 2010 is the year I found this site.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I've read quite a few "good" books but the best have been some old books that I've read over and over. Several of which I've read over 40 - 50 years ago.

But the best of the "new" books have been;
Under the Eagle by Simon Scarrow and
Roma by Steven Saylor

Added: Boomerang. Not the "GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL", but it kept me smiling.

Last edited by SameOldStory; 12-24-2010 at 12:22 PM.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I posted mine on my blog the other day http://bookplatereads.blogspot.com/2...s-of-2010.html
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
durkinrobinson
Lovechild
durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Some good ideas there - maybe I should get re-acquainted with some classics myself in 2011. Thanks for the thoughts!
durkinrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
Here's ten of mine in no particular order.

Life by Keith Richards
Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson
The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell
Wolf Hall by Hillary Mantel
Doghead by Morten Ramsland
The Lacuna By Barbara Kingsolver
Netherland by Joseph O'Neill
The Infinities by John Banville
City of Thieves by David Benioff
A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote