Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #2836
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geco View Post
Oh, thanks... I think these contests are not available here in Italy... can't see anything. That's a pity I can't play to have some codes... not fair!
When the next contest starts you'll probably be able to access it at http://contest.kobo.com/ and play for codes. You wouldn't be eligible for the other prizes though (if that matters to you).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #2837
KoboKing
KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.KoboKing knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Mini
50% off selected books [Choice of 117] with code 50BK - http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/save/...xb9pgIQ-1.html

90% off selected books [Choice of 48] with code 90BK - http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Save/...2wCV3Cw-1.html
KoboKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #2838
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook and Kindle4PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverlily View Post
yournext2613 - 50% off

expires July 1, 2013

Not sure if it is single use only
Thanks! This worked for each of my accounts, once per account.

Last edited by pdarnold; 06-27-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: To show amount of discount
pdarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #2839
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
35%
ApRtVzI
Aq84a9g
ArKkr2A
AvAGItu
BBwg96q
BBXFPX5
BC8twJD
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #2840
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboKing View Post
50% off selected books [Choice of 117] with code 50BK - http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/save/...xb9pgIQ-1.html
For once the 50% code didn't work for me
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #2841
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I found a bit at the bottom of an email Kobo sent me, which clarifies which publisher's books are not discountable in the following countries:

Quote:
Discount code is valid for [...] any eBook purchase excluding those from the following publishers ["and all respective subsidiary imprints"]

In the UK - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Penguin, Random House, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan.

In the US - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin, Random House, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan.

In CA - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan.

In NZ - Hachette Book Group, and Wiley.

In AU - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan Australia, Penguin Australia, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #2842
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I found a bit at the bottom of an email Kobo sent me, which clarifies which publisher's books are not discountable in the following countries:
For many of the publishers listed, there are imprints that also are not discountable.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #2843
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
All these publishers are all the time couponable in "India" store or whatever it is that I log into from India on Kobobooks.com
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #2844
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:

90% off selected books [Choice of 48] with code 90BK - http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Save/...2wCV3Cw-1.html
Do you have any idea when these sales end? There's at least one book on the list where the 50BK coupon doesn't work (Joe Haldeman's Forever War).
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #2845
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
All these publishers are all the time couponable in "India" store or whatever it is that I log into from India on Kobobooks.com
Curiously when I change my country to reflect India the currency comes up as $ (dollars), not rupees.

I don't know what currency dollars, AUD which is mine, US or Canadian.

And yet when I change my country to Hong Kong for example, the currency comes up as HKD.

So it seems that Kobo detects the non-Indian users and won't allow the rupee to rule.

Great shame that - or my golly gee, I think I'd buy the majority of my books via the India site because of the exchange value against the AUD.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:57 AM   #2846
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Curiously when I change my country to reflect India the currency comes up as $ (dollars), not rupees.

And yet when I change my country to Hong Kong for example, the currency comes up as HKD.

So it seems that Kobo detects the non-Indian users and won't allow the rupee to rule.

Great shame that - or my golly gee, I think I'd buy the majority of my books via the India site because of the exchange value against the AUD.
Does Kobo support Rupee in India? I know for the longest time we had to pay in USD in South Africa, which then later changed to ZAR when Kobo started to make a serious push to gain market here.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #2847
HBosch
HBosch began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geco View Post
Oh, thanks... I think these contests are not available here in Italy... can't see anything. That's a pity I can't play to have some codes... not fair!

Just to make sure: if you are fast enough you can try and use any of the quoted codes here and get the discount too

cheers
HBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #2848
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I tried again. Different books from different publishers and it's still not working I used the same codes with previous lists, can this be the problem? However the error message says "invalid code" not that it's already been used. Maybe it's a geographical restriction thing.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #2849
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think that the 50BK and 90BK codes are one use only per account. I bought a book with the 90BK a while back, and now it always returns Invalid Code.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #2850
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post

Kobo in India shows prices in US$. Not in Rupees.** And they charge in US$. But all big publishers are couponable - Penugin and the rest. So, you apply your code and you get discount and you pay in US$.
** Google Play in India shows price in Rupees and I get charged by bank a bit more - If they show say 300 Rupees, I get charged around 330. Amazon India charges the exact amount in Rupees shown, no additional fees by bank.

Last edited by jmilica; 06-29-2013 at 09:23 AM.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals