Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-04-2016, 04:23 AM   #91
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I doubt that will work BR. This plugin is older than that and the ini file is in the same directory as the plugin. It will be created the first time it runs if it is not there.
So where is the plugin installed ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:18 AM   #92
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
So where is the plugin installed ?

BR
On my pc: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePUBOptimizer
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #93
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Also note that you can open the Sigil Preferences directory from Sigil's Preferences dialog (Edit->Preferences). There should be a button located at the bottom-left of that dialog called "Open Preferences Location". Clicking that should get you most of the way to ini file in question. You should be able to go to "plugins/ePUBOptimizer" from the file dialog that opens.

That method will get you to where the plugins are installed, or where the newer plugin_prefs folder is as well.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-04-2016 at 07:32 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #94
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Windows users can also easily locate the plugin folder without opening Sigil:
  1. Press +R.
  2. Paste the following string into the text box and press Enter.
    Code:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #95
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Windows users can also easily locate the plugin folder without opening Sigil:
  1. Press +R.
  2. Paste the following string into the text box and press Enter.
    Code:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins
Unless they've relocated the Sigil Preferences via environment variable (in which case they probably know how to find it already).
Old 06-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #96
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Unless they've relocated the Sigil Preferences via environment variable (in which case they probably know how to find it already).
Then they should already KNOW where the PI's are
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:22 PM   #97
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Well, yes. That's what the parenthetical/winkie was all about.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-04-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #98
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Keyboard Shortcut for Sigil Preferences - F5

Is there an environment variable for relocating preferences holus-bolus.

BTW The hyperlink for the manual that was at Google Docs is emitting a 404 message, is it available elsewhere?

BR
Old 06-04-2016, 10:20 PM   #99
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Is there an environment variable for relocating preferences holus-bolus.
SIGIL_PREFS_DIR

Quote:
BTW The hyperlink for the manual that was at Google Docs is emitting a 404 message, is it available elsewhere?
It's still included in the source (docs folder of the github repo) as an epub, but it's terribly outdated. I didn't even realize that Google link was still there in the downloads sticky. I thought I took care of all those. I'll get rid of it. Thanks.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-04-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:40 PM   #100
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
SIGIL_PREFS_DIR
thanks - but now can't recall why I wanted it

Quote:
It's still included in the source (docs folder of the github repo) as an epub, but it's terribly outdated. I didn't even realize that Google link was still there in the downloads sticky. I thought I took care of all those. I'll get rid of it. Thanks.
I had it browser bookmarked

Searching in google docs was better than searching the epub with calibre/ade etc. If were published as a PDF then my content searcher (X1) could handle it better, maybe I should look at converting it to DOCX or ODT then to PDF.

Added - did a convert to DOCX and then a Create PDF, for a 2 minute first cut it's not too shabby - it won't upload here

DOCX and PDF here ==>> http://www.mediafire.com/download/9c...Sigil_doco.zip

Toxaris, I used the Import EPUB feature of his EpubTools Addon for Word.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-04-2016 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #101
jugaor
Enthusiast
jugaor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10Gen / Kobo Aura HD / Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugaor View Post
I tried it and I realized that converts jpegs to "Progressive". On some devices, the latter are not displayed.
You can switch to "Standard" or "Baseline Optimized" instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
On what devices does progressive JPEG not display? It is the preferred and recommended format for JPEG images.
Hi, Toxaris. Sorry for the very delayed reply.
I have found that some covers are not shown in ADE 1.72 PC (and therefore in old RMSDK-based ereaders).
Their only common ground is to be progressive jpegs. Resaving them as Optimized (Photoshop/GIMP) solves the problem.
Hence my question / recommendation.

jugaor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #102
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugaor View Post
Hi, Toxaris. Sorry for the very delayed reply.
I have found that some covers are not shown in ADE 1.72 PC (and therefore in old RMSDK-based ereaders).
Their only common ground is to be progressive jpegs. Resaving them as Optimized (Photoshop/GIMP) solves the problem.
Hence my question / recommendation.

Hmm, strange. I have an reader that is based on the old RMSDK and there these pictures works fine. Be aware that ADE 1.7.2 on the PC is notoriously bad with images.

I will do some additional testing, as this is the first time I hear about this problem on older readers.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:49 AM   #103
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
@Toxaris...

According to an entry in the # 1 post the latest plugin version is '0. 7. 2' and going on your website using the link 'The plugin can be found here.' Latest version is 0. 7. 1. Something wrong, can you explain.

I'm sorry for my english.
Regards
bravosx
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #104
Toxaris
Wizard

I think I should be able to explain I guess, but at the moment I can't... ;-) I will investigate though.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:28 PM   #105
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
@Toxaris...

I'm sorry but I would like to remind about the post # 103.

Regards
bravosx
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote