Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #21181
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Two more books completed:

The Web Between the Worlds by Charles Sheffield. The builder of the longest bridge in the world is commissioned by a reclusive billionaire to tackle a far greater challenge: building a "beanstalk" or orbital tower, which will connect the Earth directly to orbital space, and revolutionise the ease and cost of lifting materials into orbit. An excellent "Hard SF" novel which I bought from Baen in 2001.

Problem at Pollensa Bay by Agatha Christie. Short story collection originally published in 1991 containing 2 Poirot short stories, 2 Parker Pyne stories, 2 Harley Quin stories, and 2 "standalone" stories. Very enjoyable, although I'd read several of the stories before.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #21182
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Just finished The Gray Mountain by John Grisham and it was an excellent read.

Now starting The Science of Interstellar by Kip Thorne. He is a theoretical physicist who did the science for the movie Interstellar. It was an excellent film. Think of it as 2001 A Spave Odyssey on crack! Purpose of the book is to explain the science in the movie which was very accurate.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #21183
Lusitanic
Leader
Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sacred Economics

Brave New World

Implementing Word of Mouth Marketing

On the road
Lusitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #21184
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
In the midst of a couple of other books, a long awaited book from a favourite author has finally released, so I'll be reading South Coast by Nathan Lowell next. (While continuing the Audible reading of Georgette Heyer's Venetia.) It should be a good weekend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM   #21185
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 2, KB, PW 1, PW 2, Voyage, & Fire 2 -- iPad mini
Cool Currently reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I've read 3 of the 4 books in the Steampunk series, Tales of the Ketty Jay by Chris Wooding. Lisa Mantchev is only the 2nd author that I've read who writes in the genre, Steampunk. Ticker was Steampunk but a lot different than the world of the Ketty Jay! It was fast-paced and exciting like that other world. The characters were likeable and interesting. It was overall, a quite enjoyable read.

Now I'm going back to an old favorite (not Steampunk) author, Patricia Briggs and her collected Mercy Thompson short stories, Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson.
The short story collection, Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson was highly enjoyable for me, as a fan of the Mercy Thompson novels.

I just saw the movie Winter's Bone on TV and since the novel, Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell was already in my TBR pile I decided that it was the time to give it a read.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #21186
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
Back to Ilona Andrews today, beginning her Kate Daniels series.Magic Bites finished and Magic Burns now on the go.Enjoying more the action and dialogue than the Blake Charlton of my last post.These are a quick read so one a day for a few days I expect- then a break for some mystery perhaps.
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote