Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #46
danan72
danan72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW2
This is it, thanks!
I'm sure that the functionality will be useful for part of Czech readers. You can always turn it off.

Polish translation is already finished. However, there are probably a lot of mistakes.
It will be easier for me to correct mistakes (especially too long strings) when I'll see them on my device.
I please you to prepare the installation package, when you can find same free time.

PS. Kindle User Guide is not translated to Polish and you can remove it from installation process.
Attached Files
File Type: zip translation_5.4.2_pl_test1.zip (898.7 KB, 115 views)
danan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #47
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
It will take some time, because you've changed many of the English phrases on the left side that serve as a key.
Your editor seems to have problems with various quotation characters, it replaced ’ with ' in many original phrases. Then these do not match and the translation is not used.
I suggest using an editor that does try to be smart.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #48
danan72

Ups...
I will fix it and I'll send it again.
Probably it went wrong when I imported it into the sqlserver database.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience

[Edit]
Invalid quotation marks are already corrected
Attached Files
File Type: zip translation_5.4.2_pl_test2.zip (898.7 KB, 373 views)

Last edited by danan72; 03-04-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 AM   #49
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No problem.
Thanks for your fix, I've already started to fix the strings myself, so this will save me some work.
Could you provide a readme in Polish for the localization (and maybe for the jailbreak as well if you want it to be contained in the tree) meanwhile ?
You may also want to translate stuff in 'other' (that reminds me I should translate that subtree as well to make the Czech localization 100% complete).
Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #50
danan72

Yes sir!
I allready prepared readme.txt in Polish and I translated contents in "other". It's attached to the post.

I don't want to include jailbreak in the Polish localization tree. I recommend Polish readers to download jailbreak from this forum.
Attached Files
File Type: zip readme_others_pl.zip (16.5 KB, 124 views)
Advert
Old 03-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #51
dsmid
Linux devotee

Very nice !
Here is the github tree: https://github.com/dsmid/kindle-pw2-l10n-pl

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_03_05T16_56_28+0100.png
Views:	209
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	119892  
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_pl_5.4.2-test2.zip (2.59 MB, 114 views)
Old 03-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #52
danan72

It's look so good
Thank you @dsmit for your help.

But many things still need to improve. I go to work.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #53
dsmid
Linux devotee

Just let me know when you want to build a new release.
I will start working on transition to fw 5.4.3.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #54
dsmid
Linux devotee

@danan72: Your first release is here:
https://github.com/dsmid/kindle-pw2-l10n-pl/releases/
Old 03-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #55
danan72

Once again, thank you very much.
It's is almost perfect. I just shortened a few too long strings.
If you find some time I ask you to build the next version (1.1).
It probably already would be the last (at least for today )
Old 03-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #56
dsmid
Linux devotee

Done.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #57
danan72

It works like hell, now.
Thanks again

And I wish you success in the fimware 5.4.3 localization.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #58
dsmid
Linux devotee

Localization updated for fw 5.4.3.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #59
danan72

Polish localization KPW2 for firmware 5.4.3

Polish repository is transferred to https://github.com/danan72/kindle-pw2-l10n-pl .
And releases are on https://github.com/danan72/kindle-pw2-l10n-pl/releases
Old 03-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #60
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
@thomass, I can make a Turkish skeleton tree on github for you and import the existing Kindle Touch translation from Transifex. Would it help you ?
Hi, could you tell me exactly which files needed to be translated?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote