Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #31
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
holy bananas that looks owwwy! you gotta be careful about limbs falling asleep! I was up a telephone pole when I was in the Army, and went to move to the other side (circling the pole), when I put full weight on my left leg, I couldn't feel it as it had gone to sleep, I bounced a little, ASSumed the gaff was in, and stepped down, allllllll the way down, almost 50 feet down
Ouch!!!!! That fall... I am glad you're alive!

I thought my feet had recovered nicely, until yesterday, when I came back from the Frankfurt book fair and, having done some serious walking, the foot is now swollen again twice its normal size.

Quote:
flat feet can throw you into a knock kneed position (eventually) and knock your hips out of alignment, it also puts undue stress on your knees
So I was told. And long-terms problems with the back too. I made a promise to myself to see a podiatrist before year's end. I hope I won't forget.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 10-14-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #32
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
yeah, I completely broke off my tailbone, ripped the left leg of my pants off, had over 200 stitches in my left thigh, in random places, and they spent 4 hours digging wood out of my thigh, I still have some under the surface

get your foot up, and ice it!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #33
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Foot & ankle injuries are some of the slowest healing injuries - combination of very poor blood supply and near-constant weight bearing if you're not using crutches.

Like kk said - elevate & ice!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #34
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Feeling better already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0133.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	94095  
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #35
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Wow, I completely missed this thread until just now. That last photo looks like an arm with the fist stuck in a running shoe. Sorry to hear about all your ankle trouble, Alex, buy glad to hear it's getting better, though slowly.

And kk, watch out for everything in the world. You've got more injuries than a retired NFL player! Do you have any bones that haven't been broken?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #36
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
my left leg is pretty much in original issue shape (minus a few scars). I haven't broken ALL of my ribs.... hmmmmm, fractured cheekbone, broke jaw, I was going to say not my skull, but that's part.... left foot! totally one piece! all original!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #37
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That last photo looks like an arm with the fist stuck in a running shoe.
The swelling is down since.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #38
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
my left leg is pretty much in original issue shape (minus a few scars). I haven't broken ALL of my ribs.... hmmmmm, fractured cheekbone, broke jaw, I was going to say not my skull, but that's part.... left foot! totally one piece! all original!
You're one tough bird, kindlekitten. Like a Timex, you take a lickin' and keep on tickin'!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #39
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
The swelling is down since.
That's good. Don't rush it again!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #40
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
You're one tough bird, kindlekitten. Like a Timex, you take a lickin' and keep on tickin'!