Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Voyage
Freebies on the Sony Ebookstore

Hi Guys,

Dunno if its redundant posting this, but I was pretty miffed when I got my Sony Reader initially because of the apparent lack of free ebooks you got with it.

Well, today I was roaming around and I discovered that their store has a mixed up way of sorting and displaying stuff. So when you click on the link for bargain priced ebooks and go to free ebooks, only a handful show up.

BUT!

If you go to an individual category, say SF & Fantasy for example, click on browse all books and sort by price, there are many more. Not an ideal collection which you would instantly wan't to read but still some stuff to keep you busy in case you don't feel like taking out your credit card just yet

Edit: I know many of them are from smashwords etc. which you can get elsewhere as well, but there are some other ones too.

Last edited by adityadubey; 11-12-2010 at 11:49 AM.
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
If you go to inkmesh.com there is a link that shows all free books from Sony.

I've been bogged down with some many books from my public library that I forget to check Sony's free ebook offerings.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I recommend inkmesh too and also ebooks.addall.com. It's worth checking the websites every few days for updates. I have gotten some really good books this way. Some by bestselling authors and some that introduced me to new authors. There is also a forum on here called Deals, Freebies and Resources where people post discounts that they find.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
Dont forget your sony is compatible with Overdrive books from your local library.

Free library books for 21 days
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
Dont forget your sony is compatible with Overdrive books from your local library.

It's my favorite feature!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
icewyche
Dark Queen of Bibliomanes
icewyche has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckatz View Post

...if your library offers e-books. Mine doesn't.
icewyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewyche View Post
...if your library offers e-books. Mine doesn't.
I'm in India, so I'm in pretty much the same boat as you . However, I did come across this thread which might offer some hope

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...elphia+library
Old 11-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadubey View Post
I'm in India, so I'm in pretty much the same boat as you . However, I did come across this thread which might offer some hope

Non-U.S. people have been able to get the Philadelphia card. Their library is growing by about 500 books a month and is a great source of reading material.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
icewyche
Dark Queen of Bibliomanes
icewyche has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadubey View Post

Hmmm...it says this is for non-US residents. I live in the US, it's just that my local library system is too cheap/underfunded to set up an e-book service. Bah.
icewyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:52 AM   #10
adityadubey
Addict

Quote:
Hmmm...it says this is for non-US residents. I live in the US, it's just that my local library system is too cheap/underfunded to set up an e-book service. Bah.
http://libwww.freelibrary.org/register/getcard1.cfm

It says there Out of State residents can get a card by paying the $15 annual fee. Sorry, the thread I directed you to was posted by a Non US Resident so it talks mostly about people from outside the US :P
Old 11-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #11
adityadubey
Addict

http://libwww.freelibrary.org/faq/aska.cfm

And here's how you can contact them and figure out the formalities.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #12
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
It is great for US residents too. My local library has 90 ebooks total (which is 90 more than they had 6 months ago, so I'm not complaining) so I joined the Philadelphia library some time ago. It is the best $15 I've ever spent. They are super nice and helpful too, if you should have any questions for them.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free books, sony bookstore