Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #166
donnieparker
donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.donnieparker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Well, it turns out, that the Italic-font is to blame. I fixed the "ö" and saved the font as TrueType. Everything is ok now. Thanks again, Donnie!
Does the Kobo work better with TTF?
donnieparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #167
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnieparker View Post
Does the Kobo work better with TTF?
No, the Kobo works ok with both type of files. I chose the TTF-format, because my Font-app only allowed saving to this format.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #168
marlowe310
marlowe310 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Does the current patcher by any chance also work for 3.1.1? Aura HD if it matters.
marlowe310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:36 AM   #169
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe310 View Post
Does the current patcher by any chance also work for 3.1.1? Aura HD if it matters.
It does, but you have to use new values in the configuration file. Buried deep in the Patcher thread there's a post by GeoffR somewhere - well, actually right here - with the config file you should use. And of course you have to use the KoboRoot-something-thingy from the 3.1.1 update package...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #170
marlowe310
marlowe310 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
It does, but you have to use new values in the configuration file. Buried deep in the Patcher thread there's a post by GeoffR somewhere - well, actually right here - with the config file you should use. And of course you have to use the KoboRoot-something-thingy from the 3.1.1 update package...
THANK YOU! What a delightfully direct and complete answer. I am MOST appreciative.

PS -- love your sig.
marlowe310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #171
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
THANK YOU! What a delightfully direct and complete answer. I am MOST appreciative.
You're very welcome. It's the libnickel file, btw, that you need from the 3.1.1 package. Have a look at the Patcher thread - it's full of valuable information, you just have to spend some time there.

Quote:
PS -- love your sig.
Parks & Recreation is one of the best sitcoms ever, innit?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:32 AM   #172
Doonge
Connoisseur
Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doonge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello,

I learned how to install fonts on my kobo glo thanks to this thread, and how to "access" them through css (so I can strip out the recurrent embedded fonts in my epubs - I only have 2Go at the moment ^^) thanks to that thread.

Now, I'm left wondering how to add (and access through css) fonts on the kobo without having them listed in the font switcher of Kobo (the thing that alters the body font while reading).
Some of the fonts I installed are not really "bread and butter" font, not suitable for a body font. I installed a monospace font for code, some fonts for dropcases, and some fonts for cursive (mainly for children's book headings). I don't want them to be displayed in the list, but I can live with it.

Cordially.
Doonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #173
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonge View Post
Hello,

I learned how to install fonts on my kobo glo thanks to this thread, and how to "access" them through css (so I can strip out the recurrent embedded fonts in my epubs - I only have 2Go at the moment ^^) thanks to that thread.

Now, I'm left wondering how to add (and access through css) fonts on the kobo without having them listed in the font switcher of Kobo (the thing that alters the body font while reading).
Some of the fonts I installed are not really "bread and butter" font, not suitable for a body font. I installed a monospace font for code, some fonts for dropcases, and some fonts for cursive (mainly for children's book headings). I don't want them to be displayed in the list, but I can live with it.

Cordially.
I too am very interested. I have not been able to hide the fonts from the picker without losing the ability to load them from CSS.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:02 AM   #174
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
No, the Kobo works ok with both type of files. I chose the TTF-format, because my Font-app only allowed saving to this format.

Try this Type light
A fully functional, freeware OpenType font editor.
With Type light you can design, edit and convert OpenType TrueType and PostScript fonts. As a light version of Type 3.2 font editor it is your ideal package for entering into the world of font creation.

BTW.
Use the menu option: Global > Convert to TT or PS curves to correct outline issues which some font have and resave the font. Using only this option can also fix or reduce overshoot issues that some characters have.

Last edited by Anak; 04-10-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #175
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Nice, there is also a Linux and OS X version. Thanks a lot, Anak!
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #176
jpalacios
jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.jpalacios actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Lately i've been using Vollkorn as my reading font. It looks awesome on my aura hd.
jpalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #177
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalacios View Post
Lately i've been using Vollkorn as my reading font. It looks awesome on my aura hd.
Interesting! I don´t think I´ll use it on my reader, but it may work very well on my tablet. Thanks!
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #178
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Good find! It looks pretty nice on my Aura.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #179
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Thanks from me as well for pointing ot Vollkorn. Looks very nice indeed.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #180
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
I second this. I have been using it for months now. It creates an almost perfect balance between the old and the new. It is an awesome free font.

Also, Calluna is pretty sweet too. I use this two with Malabar.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote