Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #1
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Save to disc

I am trying to make calibre save to disc feature save the files to a (linux) hidden directory using this template:
/.books/{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index}/{authors} - {title}
All works well, except that instead of creating a directory called .books, it creates one called _books (with an underscore rather than a dot). I have tried deleting the leading slash from the template, but the result is the same.

Can anyone help me with this?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Can anyone help me with this?
I'm not at my calibre install currently, but I recall a setting in preferences under Saving books to disk that if checked will change . to _ set this option accordingly and you should be OK.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 05:19 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm not at my calibre install currently, but I recall a setting in preferences under Saving books to disk that if checked will change . to _ set this option accordingly and you should be OK.
There's something for changing space (' ') to underscore, but I can't see anything for dot ('.')

It may be that Windows and/or FAT32 wont allow a folder or file name to commence with a dot - a case of the the lowest common denominator prevails (a'la the no RTL chars in library folder & file names)

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	112257  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm also searching for the answer for this. Thank you @DoctorOhh
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[QUOTE=BetterRed;2637305]There's something for changing space (' ') to underscore, but I can't see anything for dot ('.') /QUOTE]

Unless there is a tweak, I guess I was remembering the setting you found.

Quote:
I am trying to make calibre save to disc feature save the files to a (linux) hidden directory using this template:
/.books/{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index}/{authors} - {title}
I guess you just have to have the .books directory created first, then save to that directory using the rest of the template.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-27-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
There's something for changing space (' ') to underscore, but I can't see anything for dot ('.')
Unless there is a tweak, I guess I was remembering the setting you found.
I did have a look, but I've been known to miss seeing tweaks before.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #7
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I guess you just have to have the .books directory created first, then save to that directory using the rest of the template.
Ok, I can do that, but is there a way to have calibre tell me which of the books are already on the card?
Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You can attach to a folder as if it is a device. Then you can use all the functions that calibre has to maintain book collections on devices to maintain the collection on the card. Automatically update metadata, add and remove, and use the "on device" column.

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#connect-share

Not sure if it works with hidden folders starting with a dot.

Last edited by Adoby; 10-04-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:14 AM   #9
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
You can attach to a folder as if it is a device. Then you can use all the functions that calibre has to maintain book collections on devices to maintain the collection on the card. Automatically update metadata, add and remove, and use the "on device" column.

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#connect-share

Not sure if it works with hidden folders starting with a dot.
Thanks for the suggestion but when I connect the kobo, the "connect to folder" option is greyed out.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #10
jlynton
Evangelist

sorry, double post

Last edited by jlynton; 10-13-2013 at 02:30 AM. Reason: double post
Old 10-13-2013, 02:29 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion but when I connect the kobo, the "connect to folder" option is greyed out.
I think that is because calibre can only have one device connected at a time. To use "connect to folder" for a device that calibre has a driver for, you would need to disable the driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think that is because calibre can only have one device connected at a time. To use "connect to folder" for a device that calibre has a driver for, you would need to disable the driver.
David, I tried to disable the kobo driver, but calibre still detected it, and the "connect to folder" option was still greyed out.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:07 AM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
David, I tried to disable the kobo driver, but calibre still detected it, and the "connect to folder" option was still greyed out.
After you disable the driver restart calibre.

If it still connects then disable the other Kobo driver. I quick look makes me think you need to disable the KoboTouch driver, but if that doesn't work I would disable both just to be certain.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-15-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: sp
Old 10-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
After you disable the driver restart calibre.

If it still connects then disable the other Kobo driver. I quick look makes me think you need to disable the KoboTouch driver, but if that does work I would disable both just to be certain.
I just did a quick test, and you are right. Disable the KoboTouch driver, and the extended driver if it is installed, and then restart calibre. Then I was able to connect to he Glo's drive as a folder and see the books in calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
jlynton
Evangelist

DoctorOhh & davidfor, thank you both so much! I did what you said, and having adjusted the template in "Preferences" -> "Sending books to devices", it works perfectly.