Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #76
InsulinJunkie72
Enthusiast
InsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheeseInsulinJunkie72 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
@InsulinJunkie72: Thanks for the confirmation and the clarification of line-height not being supported.
The issues with LINE-HEIGHT don't exist in the Previewer or on the Fire (so it's a Touch issue, not a overall KF8 issue), so hopefully the next Touch firmware fixes it.

It is annoying, granted; I've been [mildly] complaining about the KF8 on Touch linespacing issue on here since a day or so after the KF8-enabling 5.1 firmware was released
InsulinJunkie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #77
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Indeed, as best as I can tell, the line height issue is a bug in the Kindle Touch renderer. I could not find any way to influence the line height via CSS. But there may well be some way, I have only a limited amount of time I can spend on fiddling with it If some of you want to experiment, calibre's Tweak Book tool is a good way to do it (it now allows tweaking of KF8).

I suggest trying different types of line-height specifications: number, fixed length, percentage. Perhaps one of them will work.

If you had the tweak enabled there is no need to re-enable it, it will stay enabled after upgrading.

On justification: You can turn off justification (there is an option to do so in the calibre conversion settings), but there is no way to make the justification look nicer that I know of.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #78
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
Justification is turned off in my Calibre settings, and always has been--but when I convert a file to .azw3, the book becomes right-justified. Very annoying! I have never understood why Amazon doesn't give a choice on justification as most readers do; the original Kindle did, but it was taken away on K2 onward.
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #79
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you mean "right justified" (level right margin, ragged left margin) or "fully justified" (both margins level)?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote