Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 02:40 AM   #31
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Awesome, glad it's working for folks.

Let me reiterate that I blatantly ripped off the instructions from Amazon for their 1.2 update and just massaged them. Amazon finally updated their webpage acknowledging the 2.0.1 update but don't provide any instructions on manually installing it like they do for 1.2. No word on what 2.0.1 contains either.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #32
psirus
psirus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
K2 update

There have been complaints about readibility of the K2 compared to the K1, primarily reduced contrast and especially text being rendered in a lighter shade of grey than the darkest, though Amazon hasn't officially acknowledged it as a problem. Though I didn't find that to be much of a problem for me, I DID notice it -- but I'm all but certain since installing 2.0.1 my text is now darker. Other's who have installed, have you noticed the same?
psirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #33
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
I have not.
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #34
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I noticed a slight difference. A few other people have well. Might be font-size dependent.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #35
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
I didn't notice any difference. But I didn't think my text was too light to begin with...
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #36
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
I didn't notice any difference. But I didn't think my text was too light to begin with...
Same.

For me if there's been any issue it's getting used to the font the K2 uses. Took me a little reading time to get used to it coming from the Sony.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #37
shima
読みすぎる
shima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Just got my K2 yesterday, it came with 2.0 out of the box. I tried to get it auto-update wirelessly, but it didn't grab the update (wireless on + sleep method)... so I did the manual instructions and 2 minutes later it was back up and running with 2.0.1
shima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #38
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by psirus View Post
There have been complaints about readibility of the K2 compared to the K1, primarily reduced contrast and especially text being rendered in a lighter shade of grey than the darkest, though Amazon hasn't officially acknowledged it as a problem. Though I didn't find that to be much of a problem for me, I DID notice it -- but I'm all but certain since installing 2.0.1 my text is now darker. Other's who have installed, have you noticed the same?
I sure hope you're correct! I was just to ask about this.
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #39
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
I noticed a slight difference. A few other people have well. Might be font-size dependent.
I also noticed a slight difference, but ALT+G still makes it darker.

Also today I placed my iLiad BE next to the updated K2, and the Kindle is still noticeably lighter. The iLiad's type is a bit darker, thus more contrasty and easier on the eyes.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #40
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Any other major changes with the update (sometimes they don't list them all)? I could only see the folder update.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote