Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 01:39 AM   #1
Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Maximum number of ebooks in Calibre?

Hello from a new user... will start by saying that Calibre is one of the most elegant programs I have ever used.

Love the attention to detail, down to the "mirror-finish" of the covers page which reflect the book artwork. Beautiful! Well done! First time I was actually happy to send a contribution of support.

My question is: Can you put in unlimited titles or is there a maximum, after which the program starts to falter? I'm building a very large collection.
Have input a lot of books so far with no problem but curious if I can input more titles without limits.

Cheers,

Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The largest collections I have heard of being used with calibre is about 50000 books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Bullwinkle.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
Bladess
Bladess began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
large library

I combined several overlaping libraries and was at 57K books, using Calibre to locate duplicates.

Performance was slow and every time I added 2000 ish books at once, Calibre would lock up, but the library was stable.
Bladess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
I think your biggest limitations will be on hardware and not Calibre. If you don't have enough disk space, and you don't have a lot of memory, your performance will degrade, based on what I have seen of Calibre so far. Mind you this will be true for all applications as well, but it will be true for Calibre as well. I filled up my hard drive by accident & Calibre did not like it. As soon as I freed up the space everything was back to being a happy camper.
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Thanks for replies!

Thank you to Kovid and all others who replied... I will have a few less than
57K books to load so all should continue to work as well as it has up to now.

Looking forward to exploring MobileRead some more in near future.

And once again, Calibre is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Cheers,

Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote