Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #16
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
+1 for the Kim Harrison suggestion, given your list.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #17
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
Tom Clancy's - Jack Ryan series

love them all - but the last (that was soooo booooring)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ryan_(Tom_Clancy)

keep reading
harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
I have heard good things about Mary Janice Davidson's Undead series although I haven't read them myself.

Mel
I have read a few books of the 'Undead' series. It's quirky and different - but to be honest, after book 3 it got a bit boring. My sister and a friend both love the books and keep reading the series.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #19
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I would check out the Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn. Here is the description for the first book in the series "Kitty and the Midnight Hour".

Quote:
VAMPIRES. WEREWOLVES. TALK RADIO. Kitty Norville is a midnight-shift DJ for a Denver radio station—and a werewolf in the closet. Sick of lame song requests, she accidentally starts "The Midnight Hour," a late-night advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. After desperate vampires, werewolves, and witches across the country begin calling in to share their woes, her new show is a raging success. But it’s Kitty who can use some help. With one sexy werewolf-hunter and a few homicidal undead on her tail, Kitty may have bitten off more than she can chew…
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #20
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I'd recommend the Delver Magic; it's a 3-book series by Jeff Inlo who is a frequent visitor to these forums. I really liked them.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #21
RobbK
Ghost Hunter
RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZReader
I can highly suggest the gunslinger series by Steven King.
RobbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:13 AM   #22
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
The Joe Pitt Casebooks by Charlie Huston are really good and have an interesting take on vampires. The first book in the five book series, Already Dead is available for free at the Sony store.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote