Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #61
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by not3nor4 View Post
Hey Booxtor,

Thanks for the review! I was planning to buy a Pocketbook Pro 912, but since no one knows for sure when it will actually become available, I'm probably going to get an Onyx Boox in the next couple of days...

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. Does M92 support folders, especially folders within folders?

2. If the touch screen/stylus is not essential, would you advice people to get an M91s instead? They pretty much have the same hardware right? Does M92 use a different firmware than M91s does?

3. I'm also based in Germany, but the store you recommended (ereader-store) seems to carry Pocketbook products only. Where else can you buy an M92/M91s?
Hello,
1) yes, it does. As proof you can see in my video folders testbooks\epub\Kipling, Rudyard\The jungle Book\ ...
Navigation between folders is superior and easy.
2) No, I wouldn't. The reason is the most of readers, who reads PDFs with this device, will get eventually a situation, where they need to zoom and set the page precisely. Without stylus it is very hard.
3) I am working for Ereader-Store.de now. We have ordered 100 units of M92 and they will arrive in approx. three weeks. It will be the first bulk to Europe. We don't want collect preorderers before the bulk arrives in Germany and will start to sell M92 as soon as the m92 is in our German stock.

Best regards
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #62
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
hi..
IS IT capable of reading RSS (subscribe to RSS feeds)? the old one cant as you can see here
https://www.onyx-boox.com/faq/1-freq...ribe-rss-feeds

also: do they have books store ? will amazon book work on it?

thanks
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 05:53 AM   #63
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Good question about the RSS feeds, that would be of interest for me too.

And no, they don't have a bookstore, they are a chinese hardware company and their reader is made to be universal. They possibly might have something arranged in China, but I do not know.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #64
not3nor4
just because
not3nor4 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
3) I am working for Ereader-Store.de now. We have ordered 100 units of M92 and they will arrive in approx. three weeks.
Thanks Booxter! Just one more question: assuming you've also got your hands on the Pocketbook Pro912, how does it stack up against Onyx M92? Do you have a personal preference? Which one would you recommend for someone that reads mostly science paper in PDF format? Does M92 run faster because of its bigger RAM and faster CPU? Pro912 might arrive before M92 does, and although I really want to get a 9.7" ereader ASAP, it looks like M92 might be worth the wait.

That's actually a bunch of questions...sorry!

Last edited by not3nor4; 12-09-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: lots of questions to ask!
not3nor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #65
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Hello,

3) I am working for Ereader-Store.de now. We have ordered 100 units of M92 and they will arrive in approx. three weeks. It will be the first bulk to Europe. We don't want collect preorderers before the bulk arrives in Germany and will start to sell M92 as soon as the m92 is in our German stock.
Okay, that changes the perspektive of you very positive reviews somehow.
Seller and reviewer are one and the same person.
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #66
initx
Enthusiast
initx began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nokia Lumia 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
Okay, that changes the perspektive of you very positive reviews somehow.
Seller and reviewer are one and the same person.
Remember, that Booxtor was the one who published a very disappointing video review about M90...
initx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #67
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Quote:
Thanks Booxter! Just one more question: assuming you've also got your hands on the Pocketbook Pro912, how does it stack up against Onyx M92? Do you have a personal preference? Which one would you recommend for someone that reads mostly science paper in PDF format? Does M92 run faster because of its bigger RAM and faster CPU? Pro912 might arrive before M92 does, and although I really want to get a 9.7" ereader ASAP, it looks like M92 might be worth the wait.

That's actually a bunch of questions...sorry!
I would like to add:
Booxtor, is there a way for you to also get your hands on a Hanvon e920 (I am talking about the non-colored version with the very high 200 dpi resolution)? Could you compare the M92, PB912 and that e920? That would be great!

Although I believe that the e920 does not support .djvu files...
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #68
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Scepticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by initx View Post
Remember, that Booxtor was the one who published a very disappointing video review about M90...
Yeah, I remember. And now a quantum leap in appreciation before he changes sides?
To be clear: I hope he made an unbiased test.
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #69
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
still waiting ..
by the way, has any one tried Ereader-Store.de before?
they seems to offer a good price but i could not find a review in english about it.
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #70
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
@Booxter anymore videos of M92 ? maybe browsing, chm, etc ?
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #71
reaperhk
reaperhk began at the beginning.

Device: Sont PRS-T1
jetBook Color is coming .. and the price is similar to M92 (430US (http://www.onyxboox.com/product_info...products_id=41) vs 499 (http://www.ectaco.com/jetBook_Color/))

May be should wait, and compare these two products
reaperhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #72
paulopen
paulopen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Hey Booxtor,

3. I'm also based in Germany, but the store you recommended (ereader-store) seems to carry Pocketbook products only. Where else can you buy an M92/M91s?
You can make preorders of the M92 or buy the M91S at http://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-m92. M92 was supposed to be available by 8th of December, that is, 3 days ago.

Last edited by paulopen; 12-11-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Incomplet post
paulopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #73
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperhk View Post
jetBook Color is coming .. and the price is similar to M92 (430US (http://www.onyxboox.com/product_info...products_id=41) vs 499 (http://www.ectaco.com/jetBook_Color/))
May be should wait, and compare these two products
It's not the right forum, but jetBook will have a resolution of 800 x 600 pixel. It's hardly possible to read pdf-files on it.
Source: MobileRead Wiki: E Ink Triton
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #74
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
Yeah, I remember. And now a quantum leap in appreciation before he changes sides?
To be clear: I hope he made an unbiased test.
Hello,
Actually I’ve never changed sides. I am working for ereader-store.de (former pocketgoods.de) since 2009. I just was looking for a good 10” ereader (alternative to Pocketbook Pro 903) to offer it to our customers and have started communication with Onyx. The M90 seemed to be such a good device. I’ve ordered my first sample and it was very disappointing. You could see my video reviews I guess. Nevertheless I have continued to cooperate with Onyx. I’ve translated Menu of M90 for German customers although we never offered M90 to our customers. Our requirement to Onyx was to correct all the problems on that device, what I mentioned in my posts about m90 before. This way was m92 born.
Now I can with a clear conscience recommend this device, because I would buy it for my purposes.
Currently I have passed the sample m92 to another tester (jbaach) from this forum and I hope he will place his response here very soon.

Last edited by Booxtor; 12-12-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #75
jbaach
Connoisseur
jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: prs 505, pocketbook 903, onyx boox m92
Quote:
Currently I gave the sample m92 to another tester (jbaach) from this forum and I hope he will place his response here very soon.
I can confirm that I now have the testing device, and that I am looking forward to write my review of the device (and comparison to the pocketbook 903 which I used for the last month or so).
Besides having borrowed the device I have no financial / business / private connection with any vendors/producers/shops. I'll try to be 'objective', a.k.a I'll try to be transparent about my point of view (and note: I am not implying at all that other users have posted biased reviews).

While I am testing things - please tell me what you (other members of this forum) would be interested in. Put up / link your files on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/TestFiles, and ask the related question here.
jbaach is offline   Reply With Quote