Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
fragile
Connoisseur
fragile began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
Horror/Mystry novels/short stories...

After reading the other thread on "scariest novel", I'd started reading The Haunting of Hill House with a lot of expectation. Unfortunately, the book completely didn't strike a chord with me. (May be thats because I hate the psychotic angle that comes up as an possible explanation and there wasn't much of a story line as most of it is left for the reader to imagine and reason out.)

Anyway does anyone have any other good suggestions on Horror/Mystry novels. In general I'm looking for something that catches ones curiosity and keeps us reading. To give a sort of idea of the kind of thing I like, here are two sample short stories (quick reads) that I like very much:
http://gaslight.mtroyal.ca/mnkyspaw.htm
http://www.classicreader.com/book/1833/1/

Thanks!
fragile is offline   Reply With Quote