Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Bookgem Book or e-reader holder

I just ran across what seems to me an interesting take on the old book holders of days gone by. Here is a video it does a better job in explaining the idea they have behind this acessory:

On first look it seemed to me to be a bit fiddly but as I watched the video the potential became more obvious even for using an ereader and maybe a tablet device as well.

I like the idea of the hands-free use of a reader and wish some maker would look at the kick-stand that Nokia used in their N770, N800/N810 family of handheld tablets. It was a neat feature. Now while this Bookgem is not permanently attached to the reader it actually looked useful. One of the times I like to disappear into a book is out for lunch and this holder might work well. But then again it's another fiddly dongle that I would get tired of in short order but when I need it I would really need it.

I could really see it as useful for the tablets or a large format reader which I am cure get heavy to hold for extended reading sessions. I expect a slight bit of added support to take some of the weight could make all the difference. Or if someone has hand problems of any sort the support might be nice as well.

Anyone using it and have a first hand opinion? It's only $15 on Amazon but I hate to blow even $15 these days if it turns into to be something I would grow tired of using after a week.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
It needs a little electronic finger that would pop up and press the next page button every time I say "Next".
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
It needs a little electronic finger that would pop up and press the next page button every time I say "Next".
that would be perfect. Maybe a device like the girl-genius made in the old Val Kilmer movie "Real Genius" that used a vacuum or some such thing.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote