Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #106
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
"word not found" problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna01 View Post
Using Merriam Websters Collegiate 11 [EN-EN] Dictionary.
I get definitions for very simple words such as "note" "help" 'Give" etc but can't find definitions for more complex words such as "ethnic" just says "word not found'. What am I doing wrong?
I am accessing the dictionary by pressing center button of key.

Also I don't know what the 5 SYMBOLS/icons mean [(1)backwards E, (2)5 row listing icon, (3) arrow pointing to dotted box, (4)Five little bricks, 6(two diagonal arrows)|

OBW: Ready to Spring for new SONY 6" reader to replace mye
THANKS FOR ICON EXPLANATIONS.
IDEAS ON WHAT I AM DOING WRONG TO GET "word not found" for most words?
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #107
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
You're not doing anything wrong. Maybe the file is corrupt.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #108
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
You're not doing anything wrong. Maybe the file is corrupt.
It must have been as corrupt as many politicians <grin>.
Because - I sadly, like most North Americans, am enabled only for USA flavored English & a bit of French, I loaded several special English dictionaries that I converted from .xdxf onto my 301. All is well.

Using the help from the forum
I downloaded several dictionaries in the .xdxf format. My OS is Win 7. Then I used a copy of the dictionary converter dated 2010 by dragging one of the .xdxf files plus the converter's "Eng" folder that holds the 3 text files onto "converter.exe". The DOS[command]box appears and shows the execution. I get a ".dic" file. I installed it onto the 301's dictionaries folder. Everything works!

I have not shown the URLs because everyone else has done a good job of that. If someone does still need them, I will do so.

Last edited by Vienna01; 09-11-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #109
panosmar
panosmar will become famous soon enoughpanosmar will become famous soon enoughpanosmar will become famous soon enoughpanosmar will become famous soon enoughpanosmar will become famous soon enoughpanosmar will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook 360
English-Greek Dictionary

Hello to everyone,

I read this forum a for a long time (since I had a Hanlin V3 clone that I dropped down by accident and it does not work now).
So I am a happy new owner of PocketBook 360 . Since there was not any English-Greek dictionary, I made one, following the instructions from this conversation. It is my honor to share it to anyone who need's it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar English-Greek.rar (1.11 MB, 632 views)
panosmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #110
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
omk will thank you for sure. As does everyone else!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #111
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Welcome panosmar and thank you!
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #112
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Hello panosmar! Welcome to the forum, με γεια το pocketbook, and thanks for the dictionary I don't (yet) have a pocketbook myself, but I'm sure my mother can put it to good use.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #113
CnA
CnA began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903
Hi ! sorry for dumb question ... but can I get these dictionaries on PB 903 the same way ?

Last edited by CnA; 02-10-2011 at 07:22 AM.
CnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #114
Stelios2247
Stelios2247 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook mini/club/neo, Bookeen opus/orizon, Pocketbook 701/902
Quote:
Originally Posted by panosmar View Post
Hello to everyone,

I read this forum a for a long time (since I had a Hanlin V3 clone that I dropped down by accident and it does not work now).
So I am a happy new owner of PocketBook 360 . Since there was not any English-Greek dictionary, I made one, following the instructions from this conversation. It is my honor to share it to anyone who need's it.
Thanks mate. I tried it on my 902 and worked like a charm. Ευχαριστώ πολύ!
Stelios2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #115
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Italian morphems and dictionaries

First of all, thank you all for the interesting topics.
My pocketbook 603 (Leggo IBS italian version) was just out of the box and the advanced browser Midori was downloading locally via calibre like a charm...

Using the websters1913.dic was like chatting with an old friend, 'cause I've compiled a version for my Treo 680 some years ago

I managed to compile an italian-english/english-italian dic by converting Freelang dictionaries and I hope to find something better soon.

Italian files I used with converter.exe are an exact copy of eng directory except for morphems.txt which is a first pre-alpha version, there are quite some exceptions with verbs. anyway it's roughly usable.

Edit:
improved italian morphems and keyboard for 603/903;
improved italian/english-english/italian dictionaries by merging together freelang and stardict sources;
improved italian monolingual is here.

Edit again:
changed ita.zip: I've modified collates.txt to take care of accents, and morphems.txt contains most of irregular verbs.
I've uploaded modified dictionaries as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip English-Italian.dic.zip (3.13 MB, 736 views)
File Type: zip Italiano-Inglese.dic.zip (1.94 MB, 712 views)
File Type: zip ita.zip (6.9 KB, 683 views)

Last edited by preempalver; 03-28-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: modified collates.txt
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:36 AM   #116
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
First of all, thank you all for the interesting topics.
My pocketbook 603 (Leggo IBS italian version) was just out of the box and the advanced browser Midori was downloading locally via calibre like a charm...

Using the websters1913.dic was like chatting with an old friend, 'cause I've compiled a version for my Treo 680 some years ago

I managed to compile an italian-english/english-italian dic by converting Freelang dictionaries and I hope to find something better soon.

Italian files I used with converter.exe are an exact copy of eng directory except for morphems.txt which is a first pre-alpha version, there are quite some exceptions with verbs. anyway it's roughly usable.
welcome, thanks and karma to you
Just one question: I am searching high and low for a monolingual Italian dictionary. I have found this one freely available (the fourth link in this ), but I am unable to convert it to .dic - I have not given up (yet), but if anyone has any cles, I wil be most grateful!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #117
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
welcome, thanks and karma to you
Just one question: I am searching high and low for a monolingual Italian dictionary. I have found this one freely available (the fourth link in this ), but I am unable to convert it to .dic - I have not given up (yet), but if anyone has any cles, I wil be most grateful!
Ow, I've been looking for this link as well
The text file was a good source, substitution of the tabs with 2 spaces did the rest.

The verbs are nicely arranged, maybe I can extrapolate them for a better morphems.txt.

Edit:
new version with better morphems and keyboard with touchscreen support.

sept 2012:
Cosmetic changes, removed redundance of terms
Attached Files
File Type: zip VocabolarioItaliano.dic.zip (12.15 MB, 1101 views)

Last edited by preempalver; 09-09-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Cosmetic changes, removed redundance of terms
Old 03-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #118
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
Ow, I've been looking for this link as well
The text file was a good source, substitution of the tabs with 2 spaces did the rest.

The verbs are nicely arranged, maybe I can extrapolate them for a better morphems.txt.
thank you so much!
can I ask you: once you got the text file, what format did you convert it to before using the Pocketbook dictionary converter (assuming you used it)?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #119
daniel_hokkaido
Enthusiast
daniel_hokkaido began at the beginning.

Device: sonyprs 505, pocketbook pro 603
french dictionary problem

Hi, I have the pb603. The french dictionary can't highlight a whole word if there is an accent in it e.g République ...if highlighted it either can select on either side of the accented 'e' or just the e itself. USing the keys you can slowly move round to select words from their beginning (bar before first letter) and this works..but this is v slow and not useful.

ANy ideas?
daniel_hokkaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #120
preempalver
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
thank you so much!
can I ask you: once you got the text file, what format did you convert it to before using the Pocketbook dictionary converter (assuming you used it)?
yes I used converter.exe . Since converter.exe needs UTF-8 coding, I made sure that all files were using that code. The resulting file from my first freelang2txt.exe conversion was a plain text file, with terms and descriptions separated by two spaces, so I assumed converter.exe needed just plain text.

I just uploaded in my previous message an improved dictionary, and I'll take a look to other english dictionaries you kindly provided me.