Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #46
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Replace apple with android, and the same applies.
Yes aren't android fans called fandroids.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #47
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Not here, apparently. A forum search shows that your post is the only time the term has ever been used.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #48
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I've never heard the term fandroid.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #49
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
In this forum Android fans have always been called "Apple haters".
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #50
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
It's actually Phandroid...see here: http://androidforums.com/
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #51
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
It's actually Phandroid...see here: http://androidforums.com/
Yea you are so right. I can't believe I wrote that considering I have the phandroid app on one of the homepage a on my phone.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #52
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Yea you are so right. I can't believe I wrote that considering I have the phandroid app on one of the homepage a on my phone.
I'm shocked I even remembered and I'm on that site all day .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #53
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
By "plasticky" I meant, it feels extremely light and just not as "valuable" as iPhone 4/S to me.
When I hold iPhone 5, it reminds me a bit of Galaxy Note which was a great gadget, but lacked a bit design-wise imho.
Interesting response to the evolution of design.. a lightweight thinner device. Also the dimensions are longer and the weight is distributed differently.

After using my iPhone 5 for a few months.. picking up my old iphone4.. it does have more heft! ~relatively..
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #54
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
I washed my iPhone 4s in my laundry a while ago. Didn't have the money to replace it at the time. So I got a Samsung Galaxy Stellar. (like the S2, but iPhone-sized screen) It had better hardware specs.

But the software and fluidity of the interface are MILES behind Apple.

On the iPhone, I could do almost anything effortlessly. On the Galaxy, I can do all the basic things effortlessly, and if I'm patient and smart enough, I can force the device to do anything. But it is so aggravating, compared to Apple.

When I come into some money again, I'm going to get an iPhone again. I miss it still, many months later.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #55
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuongpham View Post
Interesting response to the evolution of design.. ...
Is it really an evolution?
In general, I see a trend to "cheaper and cheaper", mainly for the sacrifice of quality.
And, looking at the newest products from Apple and other "quality brands", I get the feeling they partially have to give space to the pressure.
Amazon Kindle Fire HD for example marking the price point of $ 200 or Android gaining significant market share in mobile phones seems to force Apple to act accordingly.

I looked at the new iPod touch for example (obviously based on iPhone 5).
When holding it, I didn't get the feel of an evolution over my old iPod touch 4G.
Quite the contrary.
My feeling instantly was: They can't increase prices anymore because of the competition. So they have to lower the quality a bit to retain profitability.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #56
shanghaichica
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Is it really an evolution?
In general, I see a trend to "cheaper and cheaper", mainly for the sacrifice of quality.
And, looking at the newest products from Apple and other "quality brands", I get the feeling they partially have to give space to the pressure.
Amazon Kindle Fire HD for example marking the price point of $ 200 or Android gaining significant market share in mobile phones seems to force Apple to act accordingly.

I looked at the new iPod touch for example (obviously based on iPhone 5).
When holding it, I didn't get the feel of an evolution over my old iPod touch 4G.
Quite the contrary.
My feeling instantly was: They can't increase prices anymore because of the competition. So they have to lower the quality a bit to retain profitability.
The design of the new iPod touch is more attractive than the 4G. The 5G also has a much better rear camera with panorama and HDR. 1080p video,Siri, a faster processor.