Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #31111
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well, being South African born, it's not an issue for me, but then when I was a kid, I could speak fluent Afrikaans .
Well, yes, I can see how that would make you less likely to misspell it. The irony for me is that I pronounce it correctly, but still try to spell it wrong even though that makes no sense.

My Rooibos did come yesterday, and it was quite good! I did have a bit of a conundrum when I realized that it was so fine, a good bit would go through my infuser, but my roommate saved the day by pointing out that I still had coffee filters left from before I switched to Keurig.

Stuck a filter down in there, added the tea, and all was well as long as I poured the water over slowly so as to not collapse the filter.

The result was an excellent Cape Town Rooibos. Drank the first few cups hot, then iced the rest.

Anyway, currently in my cup - coffee.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #31112
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I think I have had two cups of Rooibos since the little man was born. Drank way too much of it when I was pregnant....

Green Pu-Erh Toucha today.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #31113
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I remember. That was all you could have. I admit, it's not something that works for me. OK, but not what I want in a cup of tea.

Drinking Anniversary Breakfast Blend this morning.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:39 PM   #31114
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm ready to branch out so I'm planning my next tea purchase, which will likely be Pu-Erh. So many choices, and such interestingly-translated product descriptions. It seems that one of the health benefits of Pu-Erh is anti-decrepitude. Sign me right up!

Right now, Coke Classic on ice while I decide what to brew for the afternoon.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #31115
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
San Pellegrino with blood orange.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:18 PM   #31116
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
San Pellegrino with blood orange.
Curious what you think of this. It's about the only one of the flavoured San Pellegrinos that I can actually drink, but ultimately it didn't work for me.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #31117
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Curious what you think of this. It's about the only one of the flavoured San Pellegrinos that I can actually drink, but ultimately it didn't work for me.
Its..... OK. More palatable to me than a cola for example, but nothing special. Still better than a bog standard orange soda though (such as Fanta).

I actually prefer the lemon flavoured San Pellegrino and I had a lime and mint flavour one at the weekend which was quite refreshing.

Chablis in my glass now.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #31118
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Taylors Earl Grey, slightly oversteeped because my roommate's new computer came and he came in search of a cable he needed just as I was about to take out the infuser. But it's still really, really good.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #31119
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Taylors Earl Grey, slightly oversteeped because my roommate's new computer came and he came in search of a cable he needed just as I was about to take out the infuser. But it's still really, really good.
First time I had Earl Grey I spat it back into the cup. I thought my cousin, who had served me the drink, had failed to rinse the washing up liquid out properly after washing it . Anyway, I did educate my pallet subsequently, and it is now one of the only "real" teas I can drink (given that Rooibos is not really a tea).

Another R in my cup - Rioja.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #31120
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
First time I had Earl Grey I spat it back into the cup. I thought my cousin, who had served me the drink, had failed to rinse the washing up liquid out properly after washing it . Anyway, I did educate my pallet subsequently, and it is now one of the only "real" teas I can drink (given that Rooibos is not really a tea).
True. I've been seeing "tea" refer to any tisane my entire life so I just assume that whomever I'm talking with either knows the difference or doesn't care.

My first Earl Grey experience wasn't much better than yours. I think I called it "swamp water" or similar. At first I thought hated the bergamot, then I realized that I actually preferred more bergamot - it was the "lightweight" Earl Greys that I didn't care for. Taylors of Harrogate strikes a nice balance, but I could honestly go for more. More bergamot, more better.

About to ice the rest of the pot of EG.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:26 PM   #31121
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My Dad's a coffee drinker who had no use for tea until he somehow got hold of a mug of Earl Grey, and decided he liked it. For me, it's okay, but not my first choice.

Right now I'm starting mug number three of my usual tea.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #31122
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Blue Spring Oolong in my cup. Oolong with a bit of a licorice taste. Love it.

After complaining about a dwindling tea supply I finally placed my order today.

I am ordering a bunch of Pu-Erh's from the Mache Tea Company:
http://www.machateacompany.com/#!black/cn96

I also tried some of their blacks and greens.

I ordered my usual Oolongs from Gong Fu
http://www.gongfu-tea.com/sunshop/in...oduct_list&c=9

I am on the search to buy some 2012 Pu Erh bricks to give to the Little Man for his 18th birthday and for me to have on his 18th birthday, at his wedding, birth of a child that type of thing. Some people buy fine wine, I am aiming for Pu erh.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:49 PM   #31123
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Black Silk
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #31124
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea for the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:31 PM   #31125
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Going to have to try a couple of Oolongs from Gong Fu. I'm looking for a replacement for my Phoenix Mountain Oolong (Dan Cong type).

Meanwhile, drinking faux San Pellegrino with lunch, thinking about what tea to have this afternoon.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?