Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

View Poll Results: What Category of Material do you read most? (One only)
Fiction (i.e., novels, short stories, etc.) 59 85.51%
Non-Fiction (Histories, how to's, discoveries, etc.) 7 10.14%
Spiritual/Religious (your faith's Holy book and/or related papers) 3 4.35%
Other (Magazines, News reports, RSS, etc) 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Fiction. But I wished you had split short stories out of that as a different category. I think that's kind of a niche within fiction and not a hugely popular one. My ratio of novels to shorts is probably 50 to 1.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #17
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Fiction. But I wished you had split short stories out of that as a different category. I think that's kind of a niche within fiction and not a hugely popular one. My ratio of novels to shorts is probably 50 to 1.
Thanks for the suggestion, I might do another poll separating the Fiction into categories.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #18
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Me? Well i am a compulsive reader. I will read anything...
Even instructions!
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #19
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
Me? Well i am a compulsive reader. I will read anything...
Even instructions!
Ditto, it really perturbs my husband that I will read instructions before I try to use something, mostly because I will make him wait to use anything new until I read him the instructions. (I even read ingredients on food packaging)

AJ
Old 04-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Ditto, it really perturbs my husband that I will read instructions before I try to use something, mostly because I will make him wait to use anything new until I read him the instructions. (I even read ingredients on food packaging)

AJ
I think the test of a well designed UI is, the instructions are optional
I have only found 1 or 2 VCR's (out of dozens) that I could not set the clock without instructions.

The PEz pretty much works intuitively (maybe it is just because I have used computers since before MSDOS).

OK, Use of the return key vs Back page key is not always as intuitive as it could be.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #21
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post

AJ
Well, I read ingredients on food packages too...but partly because I have to watch my salt intake and you'd be surprised how many packaged foods are mainly salt!!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #22
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Well, I read ingredients on food packages too...but partly because I have to watch my salt intake and you'd be surprised how many packaged foods are mainly salt!!
It always surprises me all the different ingredients. I have a few I have to watch out for, for both me and my husband.

AJ