Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
rnuss
rnuss began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Fixed layout text display bug

I'm working on a fixed layout epub in Sigil designed for iBooks. I've noticed a funny glitch that occurs when I view the file on the iPad - letter/word spacing seems to adjust when turning the pages. Sometimes it carries words over to the next line and sometimes it just appears to widen the letter spacing slightly.

I've taken a short video to demonstrate – it doesn't pick up the more minute jumps but you can see it happening on screen. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I have introduced forced line breaks in places where words carry over and this seems to work, but I haven't found a solution to stop the letter spacing glitch.

Rosa
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMG_2111.MOV.zip (1.68 MB, 208 views)
rnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Since Sigil is no longer being developed in any way including bug fixes, you might find more help with getting an answer in the Apple forum. This sounds like an epub3 question and Sigil is an epub2 editor.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
rnuss
rnuss began at the beginning.

Device: none
OK, thanks, will do!
rnuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, fixed layout, ibooks, ipad, text display