Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
catchit
catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catchit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Would you buy the Gold iPhone 5S?

The gold iPhone 5S seems quite popular. It looks cool but I am not one of those who would buy one. I prefer the sliver or black theme. And I'm wondering how many would buy this gold phone?
catchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
dax123
Connoisseur
dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Silver PRS 600, Red PRS 650, Kindle 3 WiFi (Keyboard), Kindle 4 basic
I totally would buy it. In fact I plan on buying it.
dax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Not I. I've already got an iPhone 5.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Nope. Glitz and bling dont interest me. when the time comes (iphone 6/6s) I'll get black/grey/whatever.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I liked the gold back but wanted a black front, so I got the space grey iPhone 5S and this cover in gold.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I'm buying the gold, but I have to wait until my contract is up. I'd buy it outright, but I want the 64GB version. I want to pair it with the blue leather case, think it'd look cute.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I bought the gray. Not a big fan of gold.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
We just bought our 5's on contract with our cell phone provider. We really didn't feel a need for the fingerprint technology just yet. And our phones are both in Otter boxes for their own safety anyway, so the colors they had didn't make any difference. I sure did like the looks of the gold ones, though, at least in the pictures I saw on the Apple site.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
My white 4S is still going strong, but since I always use a case, gold vs. silver doesn't matter much. I'm really hoping to see a Product Red version at some point in the future. Or even better, (and, yes, I know this will never happen) an "Apple Cares" line of colors. Buy a green iPhone and Apple will donate 20¢ to Oxfam. Buy a purple iPhone and Apple will donate 20¢ to Autism research.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybuns View Post
My white 4S is still going strong, but since I always use a case, gold vs. silver doesn't matter much. I'm really hoping to see a Product Red version at some point in the future. Or even better, (and, yes, I know this will never happen) an "Apple Cares" line of colors. Buy a green iPhone and Apple will donate 20¢ to Oxfam. Buy a purple iPhone and Apple will donate 20¢ to Autism research.
Same here as far as the case goes. I have the black 5 and love it, but I keep it safe and snug in my Otterbox Defender case so it doesn't really matter. If I used it naked (the phone, not me) I would prefer the black, but that is no longer available for a 5S.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #11
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
I await new lyrics for the old melody, "Gold Finger"
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #12
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchit View Post
The gold iPhone 5S seems quite popular. It looks cool but I am not one of those who would buy one. I prefer the sliver or black theme. And I'm wondering how many would buy this gold phone?
Gold down 1260 (USD) maybe more affordable.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you've got a spare 15.3 million lying around you could always go for something like this version...

Quote:
According to the designer, the custom made iPhone 5 took him 9 weeks to build and the complete device has been made by hand. The outside casing of the smartphone is said to be made up for 24-carat gold, while the home button consists of 26-carat black diamond.

The Apple logo and the corners of the smartphone are built using the white diamonds. The device is encrusted with 600 precious stones, out of which, 53 are housed in the Apple logo at the back. The world's most expensive smartphone was ordered by a Chinese based businessman, who owns the black diamond that went into the construction.
http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_5_wit...-news-5852.php
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Now that's some serious bling. Not sure it would fit in my Otterbox, though, LOL!
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
If you've got a spare 15.3 million lying around you could always go for something like this version...

http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_5_wit...-news-5852.php
Any Billionaires need Christmas ideas?
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote