Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
brease
brease began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
How to automatically fetch news with two output formats

I found that calibre generates different tables of contents when fetching news with different behavior settings of "preferred output format". Basically, the epub format adds navigation links and the date to the file, and the mobi format does not. I really like this meticulous consideration since this makes the mobi file clean and the epub file easier to navigate.

But if I convert a mobi file to an epub file, they have some tables of contents.

How can I fetch two formats automatically without changing behavior preference every time?
brease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cant, the output profile can influence the behavior of the code that downloads the news, therefore the entire process has to be run separately for every output profile/output format you want to use.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I had the same problem - I wanted to create my comics with a different output profile so the comics were not resized. I found that pocketbook_900 profile did not resize so I wrote a batch job and scheduled it to run every morning on my PC.

Code:
ebook-convert Arcamax.recipe .epub  --output-profile pocketbook_900

set filename="Arcamax [%date% %time%]"

ebook-meta Arcamax.epub -t %filename%

calibredb add -d  Arcamax.epub

pause

exit
This creates an ebook with the date in the name - Arcamax [Wed 11/28/2012 6:30:39.21]
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote