Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #46
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Or enjoys Vogon poetry.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #47
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's not that bad once you get the symbolism.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #48
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
It's not that bad once you get the symbolism.
Not nearly as bad as the Azgoths of Kria's poetry!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #49
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Not nearly as bad as the Azgoths of Kria's poetry!
Or Red reciting Shakespeare...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #50
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I have been retired for 13 years (golly!) as I took early retirement when my husband retired. I wasn't going to let him have all the fun. Like every other retiree we know, we wonder how on earth we found time to go to work.

We have each been doing voluntary work - at the local neighbourhood house in his case, working on Reconciliation issues and doing English tutoring with migrants in my case. We are also both involved with genealogy, have a Labrador to entertain, belong to a field naturalists' group, try to find time to read ...

Don't worry about not knowing what to do - there's plenty to do out there! And what's more, you don't have to put up with people you find it hard to work with, when you are doing voluntary work.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #51
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Hmmmm... No more having to put up with managers whose only qualification is that they have been around of a long time... I'll have one, please!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #52
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The money isn't so good, but the other benefits are terrific!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #53
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I feel like I'm so close to retirement I can taste it.

Tastes like chicken.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #54
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

Tastes like chicken.
I resemble that remark! You, you, you maroon!

I keep offering to "time share" retirement with former employees where I work -- funnily enough, no one has taken me up on my generous offer.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #55
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I officially qualify for early retirement....TOMORROW! Hopefully, though, I won't be forced to take it any time soon. Afterall, 55 is the new 35.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #56
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm hoping for a buyout.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #57
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Well, it's like this

I get up in the morning and fix breakfast. About 8:30 or so I walk down to the local B&N book store have a cup of coffee and read for an hour or so, then I walk back. About noon I fix something to eat. In the afternoons, I like to read, maybe take a nap and think about what I want for dinner. At five I might go down by the Freeway and chuckle at the commuters trying to get away from work as fast as they can, sitting in their cars, looking grim, with their game faces still plastered on.

After dinner I like to watch a ballgame but only if the day hasn't been too stressful. Also, I like to have some popcorn, while I watch. If the Braves win, I think that's great. If they lose, I figure they'll win tomorrow. (That's one of the stressful things I been tellin' you about - that and guessing what time UPS is gonna show up with my latest order.)

Sometimes I read blogs, sometimes I write replies.

Like I say, it's stressful, but you take yourself a nap, get yourself a snack and before you know it, you're ready to fight another day.

Only thing is, I sure wish I had me a fishing pole ..sometimes.

Last edited by fbrII; 07-19-2012 at 05:51 PM.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #58
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Thanks for the retirement karma, montsnmags - I couldn't leave a message on your home page.

Good luck with the buyout, Tom!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #59
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Well, it's like this

I get up in the morning and fix breakfast. About 8:30 or so I walk down to the local B&N book store have a cup of coffee and read for an hour or so, then I walk back. About noon I fix something to eat. In the afternoons, I like to read, maybe take a nap and think about what I want for dinner. At five I might go down by the Freeway and chuckle at the commuters trying to get away from work as fast as they can, sitting in their cars, looking grim, with their game faces still plastered on.

After dinner I like to watch a ballgame but only if the day hasn't been too stressful. Also, I like to have some popcorn, while I watch. If the Braves win, I think that's great. If they lose, I figure they'll win tomorrow. (That's one of the stressful things I been tellin' you about - that and guessing what time UPS is gonna show up with my latest order.)

Sometimes I read blogs, sometimes I write replies.

Like I say, it's stressful, but you take yourself a nap, get yourself a snack and before you know it, you're ready to fight another day.

Only thing is, I sure wish I had me a fishing pole ..sometimes.
No pets!?!? They really help reduce stress...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #60
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

Tastes like chicken.
And it smells like....victory.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote