Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
graphics glitches - new for me

it's a bit of time since I updated Calibre,
but now I have and I'm having some graphics issue - nothing compromising its usability, but however...
you can see by yourself in the image: the red lines and the suspicious-looking small vertical dents.

Linux version here, Fedora FC13

thanks!

alessandro
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cal.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	62752  
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont use Fedora so I can't really help, that kind of this can be caused by all sorts of things ranging from buggy graphics card drivers to some incompatibility in the various X11 libraries and so on...

I will say that I dont see that in any of the linux distros I use.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
it's a bit of time since I updated Calibre,
but now I have

Linux version here, Fedora FC13
I'm curious, what version of calibre are you using?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #4
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm curious, what version of calibre are you using?
it's been present at least in the latest 3 updates, now I have the current 0.7.33.
Can it be related to something in the GTK themes? I'm not expert on this, but does Calibre use GTK themes? How can I check which theme is Calibre using?

alessandro
Old 12-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
it's been present at least in the latest 3 updates, now I have the current 0.7.33.
Didn't Qt 4.7 arrive in calibre around 3 or 4 releases ago? There might be compatibility issues with it and your version of Fedora. The Qt forums might be a good place to look.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 02:27 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Can it be related to something in the GTK themes? I'm not expert on this, but does Calibre use GTK themes? How can I check which theme is Calibre using
I know absolutely zero about Fedora but calibre's graphical toolkit for Linux changed to Qt 4.7.1 in version 0.7.28. and it looks like Fedora changed to Qt 4.7.1 in FC14. Updating your version of Fedora might help.

From calibre's change log.
Quote:
Release: 0.7.28 [12 Nov, 2010]

New Features
  • Update the version of the graphical toolkit (Qt 4.7.1) used in the calibre binary builds on windows and linux. This should result in a significant speed up for the calibre ebook viewer

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-15-2010 at 02:30 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you can try running qtconfig and select a different style.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 AM   #8
alexxx
Connoisseur

problem solved - not by using qtconfig (here named qtconfig-qt4) but instead going into System Settings -> Application Appearance -> Style and deselecting Oxygen - probably broken but who knows... (QtCurve is even worse)

alessandro