Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #22546
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Leftover coquitos!

http://www.thekitchn.com/coquito-com...ey-puer-133769
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #22547
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Stitchawl
Happy Birthday to You.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFh-rX_Sfhs )

This was waiting on my computer when I hit the mouse button! A nice way to wake up. I've decided that although the calendar says that I'm 66 today, losing all this weight and getting back into such good physical condition, I've decided that instead I'll turn 64 today! Maybe even 54!

Good morning, all! I survived our dinner out last night, Margaritas and all. The food was every bit as good as I'd hoped, and I didn't spare the calories. Even had a flan for dessert! My wife says he had no trouble getting me into the car, and I had no trouble waking up this morning bright and early, so the day is off to a good start.

That start is a cup of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea, American-style pancakes with raspberry jam, and 'Jimmy Dean' style breakfast sausage. A nice change from rice and grilled chicken breast! Today we're off to the port city of Kobe (the place destroyed by the massive earthquake back in '95. 60km away from here but knocked everything off our shelves) to stroll through 'Chinatown' and do some shopping, sight seeing, and of course, eating! I'm going to stock up on more of my favorite Keemun tea even though I still have about half a kilo of it left. It's sooooo good and soooo cheap, I have to wonder why shops can charge so much for other teas!
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #22548
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Happy Birthday, Stitchawl!

It sounds like a great couple of days. You don't look a day older than 54.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #22549
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Happy birthday, Stitchawl! Have a great day and many many repetitions of it, young fellow!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:11 AM   #22550
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, all! Back from Kobe, and brought home a treasure trove! We went to the Chinatown area (the only one south of Tokyo's Yokohama) and I stocked up on all sorts of Chinese cooking ingredients I was running low in, and... picked up another 1/2 kilo of Keemun tea, vacuum wrapped in 100gm bags for freshness! I'm drinking a big mug of it right now! We ate Chinese street foods AND went to a Dim Sum restaurant as well. Somehow, I don't think I kept under 800 calories today... and I don't mind one little bit! I enjoyed every minute of it!

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #22551
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Happy Birthday, Stitchawl! Enjoy your day!

In my cup... currently just water. Later I will get a nice steaming pot of tea!
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #22552
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Happy Birthday Stitchawl!

One of my last Coke Zeros in my cup today.... through a slight miscommunication, I have ended up with a large stash of full-sugar Coca-Cola.

If I drank Coca-Cola the way I've been drinking Coke Zero, I'd be getting most of my calories from the Sugar in the Coca-Cola. So I'll be switching to water shortly! With one Coca-Cola per day.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #22553
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Now it's time for a big cup of steaming Black Oothu tea!
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #22554
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

One of my last Coke Zeros in my cup today.... through a slight miscommunication, I have ended up with a large stash of full-sugar Coca-Cola.

If I drank Coca-Cola the way I've been drinking Coke Zero, I'd be getting most of my calories from the Sugar in the Coca-Cola. So I'll be switching to water shortly! With one Coca-Cola per day.
Isn't there something like three or four Tablespoons of sugar in one can of Coke? For a period of about a year, I was addicted to Coca Cola. I started with a large one for breakfast, which shot my blood sugar waaaay up, then a half hour later, I would start to crash, so pound another can or bottle of Coke, raise the blood sugar for 30-40 minutes, start to crash, pound another Coke, etc., etc., etc., all day and into the night. I was in a very high stress job as head of a security detail in a pretty violent strike location, guarding a newspaper building. Between the sugar and the caffeine, I was zinging along on a razor edge all day long, doing 12-hour shifts, often having to pull doubles. And all the time the strikers were outside, trying to break in when ever the Sheriff's deputies would turn their backs... As soon as I got home at night, I'd stop drinking the Coke, and within 30 minutes be crashed out on the couch, only to be woken up at 6am to start it all over again. The strike lasted 13 months...

Now I just drink tea.

Stitchawl
Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #22555
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Well, happy birthday, I had begun to wonder whether it was next Tuesday!

Tonic and lemon as usual in my glass. Finished all the present shopping today, only the food to worry about now. DH has sorted out the seafood which he's going to cook, I have to work out the salads and desert.

I have a friend who was addicted to coke,, she used to drink at least 2 large bottles a day, when she stopped she lost heaps of weight.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #22556
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Isn't there something like three or four Tablespoons of sugar in one can of Coke?
More like two to three. One 330ml can of Coca-Cola contains 35g of sugar, for 139 calories. That's why I shall be restricting myself to one per day at most.

My last Coke Zero in my cup!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #22557
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Happy Birthday, Stitchawl! Enjoy your day!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Well, happy birthday, I had begun to wonder whether it was next Tuesday!
Thanks, all! It HAS been a really nice day!

Quote:
More like two to three. One 330ml can of Coca-Cola contains 35g of sugar, for 139 calories. That's why I shall be restricting myself to one per day at most.
Wow! That's more calories than I've been having for my normal breakfast for the past five months!

Stitchawl
Old 12-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #22558
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #22559
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Happy Birthday Stitchawl!!!
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #22560
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Happy Birthday Stitchawl!!!!!!! A here's to many more, esply if you are counting backwards for the next 10-20 years!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?