Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Another Sony Reader review (with video!)

Vidal Graupera was with us in San Diego also, and posted this great review with a link to his video and some more good pictures. He's a nice guy and successful entrepreneur who has worked with e-book products as well as founding Iambic.

His You Tube video is here, and shows the Sony Reader in action...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iroxZHH_qeA
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
"I founded and lead iambic, Inc. a software company in Sunnyvale, CA that developed the best selling applications for Palm OS and Symbian devices."

iambic... impressive!
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That was weird, at one point I could hear myself at the other side of the room asking about adding fonts to the Reader.

Vidal clearly put a lot more thought into visual records of the Reader than I did! Great pix, particularly.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:58 PM   #4
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Someone should update the Wiki with all the new information and links we got here. I would if I had more time right now.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
Someone should update the Wiki with all the new information and links we got here. I would if I had more time right now.
Done, but we already had most of it. I just added boot time and ship date.
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Ah, but there's so much more info to add in the Sony Reader section of the Wiki also. From a collection of review links, to technical details we flushed out, to Baen as rtf working, to US only orders, book sources already formatted well enough for the Reader, etc etc. Lots and lots of stuff in the forums.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:12 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

D'oh! You're right, I saw "Wiki" and read "comparison matrix" --
Old 09-26-2006, 06:12 PM   #8
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Is it just me or does the Sony flip pages faster than the iLiad (judging from the various videos)?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:29 PM   #9
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur
bugsbunny14 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
Is it just me or does the Sony flip pages faster than the iLiad (judging from the various videos)?
i agree it seems faster although the iliad had improved it's page rendering speed after upgrading to the new fw but sony still seems faster .
bugsbunny14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:39 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny14
i agree it seems faster although the iliad had improved it's page rendering speed after upgrading to the new fw but sony still seems faster .
That was my impression too, but my memory of the iLiad is from late June, on v2.4 ....