Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
kelliebell
kelliebell began at the beginning.

Device: kndle fire
Syncing the fire to Kindle 3 new issue????

I am sure this is here somewhere, but I am new and just starting sscrolling through here. I had the Kindle 3 for a year and a 1/2. I got the Fire in February. I haven't had syncing issue at all until now. I download the books from my computer, they show up on my Fire, but when I want to read it on the 3, it stays in downloads pending. What happened? Any books on the 3,I can sync up to the fire, but none of my newer downloads are going to the 3. Please advise.
kelliebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
You have to tell it to download for the fire. DRM is different.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
kelliebell

They are all going to the Fire, I want to have them on the 3 as well, I read outside a ot so I need to be able to go back and forth. No to sound dumb, but what is DRM? You are talking to someone who just finally got to get internet at her house, and still do not have a smart phone. LOL. So if I am understanding you, now the books that I download are in the wrong format to go to the 3? There has to be a way. Is there a way to make the downloads go to the 3, and then I can sync to the Fire?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Go to your account at Amazon. Sign in.

Go to Digital Content \ Manage Your Kindle.

Next to each eBook is an Action button. Click it and instruct it to send a download to the Kindle 3 and the Kindle Fire. Then sync the Kindle 3 and the Kindle Fire and they will all be there.

Before starting to read each eBook, do a sync. When finished reading, do another sync.

You will be able to read on the Kindle 3 and Kindle Fire on an alternating basis with bookmarks synchronized.

Last edited by sirmaru; 05-22-2012 at 09:30 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliebell View Post
I am sure this is here somewhere, but I am new and just starting sscrolling through here. I had the Kindle 3 for a year and a 1/2. I got the Fire in February. I haven't had syncing issue at all until now. I download the books from my computer, they show up on my Fire, but when I want to read it on the 3, it stays in downloads pending. What happened? Any books on the 3,I can sync up to the fire, but none of my newer downloads are going to the 3. Please advise.
Are we talking about personal documents or amazon books?
Personal documents or books are sent via email or Send to Kindle app.
Amazon books are books you buy through their website.

If it's an Amazon book you will find the book in your Archive Items on both kindles. You can only send to one at a time either when you buy or from the MYK page.

The only way to auto set books to be sent to both Kindles is to use the personal document cloud feature. You will need to email the books to each of your Kindles email addressed or use the Send to Kindle addon for pc/mac which let's you check which kindles to send the books to bypassing email.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-22-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
kelliebell

THanks for the help. Blossom it is the Books, WHen I first got it, I could download from Amazon and it would show up on my Fire, then when I wanted my 3 I would sync and it would be there. Now everything I downloaded is on the fire, on Pending downloads on the 3 it shows, pending and 0%, whispernet is on.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
On the Kindle 3 Keyboard open the Archive. Then move the cursor to the eBook in question and press the right cursor. Click on "Add to Device."

You should have gone to your Account on the Amazon site and under Action click to send it to your Kindle 3 first.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
THanks for the help. Blossom it is the Books, WHen I first got it, I could download from Amazon and it would show up on my Fire, then when I wanted my 3 I would sync and it would be there. Now everything I downloaded is on the fire, on Pending downloads on the 3 it shows, pending and 0%, whispernet is on.
You mean in Archive Items? Because it never sends the same book to both devices unless you do it yourself from the MYK page. All sync does is sync Last page read, notes and highlights. If the books aren't showing in archive items then there is something wrong on the K3. If you got pending downloads stuck it sounds like something is wrong with your Kindle Account and you need to call Kindle support.

You could try restarting the K3 to see if that fixes it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
kelliebell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Go to your account at Amazon. Sign in.

Go to Digital Content \ Manage Your Kindle.

Next to each eBook is an Action button. Click it and instruct it to send a download to the Kindle 3 and the Kindle Fire. Then sync the Kindle 3 and the Kindle Fire and they will all be there.

Before starting to read each eBook, do a sync. When finished reading, do another sync.

You will be able to read on the Kindle 3 and Kindle Fire on an alternating basis with bookmarks synchronized.
I went online and did this, it appeared to work when I said send to kindle 3. But when I got home still not there. I also went into archived items they won't let me scroll down to those books they are light gray. It still shows pending 0%. So now i am not sure what to do.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #10
kelliebell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You mean in Archive Items? Because it never sends the same book to both devices unless you do it yourself from the MYK page. All sync does is sync Last page read, notes and highlights. If the books aren't showing in archive items then there is something wrong on the K3. If you got pending downloads stuck it sounds like something is wrong with your Kindle Account and you need to call Kindle support.

You could try restarting the K3 to see if that fixes it.
Ok well, I guess I am trying kindle support. Because it still sn;t working. Thanks for all of the help, I will get it figured out sooner or later.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
kelliebell

Well I figured it out, don't know why it didn't work saying deliver to Kindle3, I had to do it that way, but deliver by usb, and plug into computer then copy over. Not a big deal, but since I just figured it out and I have been doing this since February, I have about 100 books to transfer.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #12
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Well I figured it out, don't know why it didn't work saying deliver to Kindle3, I had to do it that way, but deliver by usb, and plug into computer then copy over. Not a big deal, but since I just figured it out and I have been doing this since February, I have about 100 books to transfer.
You should not have to do this as a resolution to your problem -- something is not right. First, have you performed a hard (not factory) reset? (Press and hold power button for 10-15 seconds and release) This solves many problems. Another option is to de-register/re-register your K3 on the Manage Your Devices webpage. After either/both of these steps, with wireless on, your archived items will be available to individually select and download -- typically listed as the very last item on your K3.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote